[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do you stop office chairs from wobbling? Every single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: $_86.jpg (13KB, 260x402px) Image search: [Google]
$_86.jpg
13KB, 260x402px
How the fuck do you stop office chairs from wobbling? Every single god damn chair I've tried wobbles when you're trying to sit straight and center the seat, it's infuriating.
I just bought a new chair 3 days ago, didn't wobble a bit. Now it wobbles so god damn much I'd rather sit on the fucking floor and break my entire spine.
It only wobbles if you're not leaned back and are sitting straight, so the seat is flat. If I lean backwards, it doesn't wobble and I can't force it.
All the screws on the seat are fastened really tight and I get a feeling like it's coming from the piston itself, at the point where the seat lies on the piston.
I can't even slide anything inside the seat where the piston goes because there's no room, not even for paper.
Is there seriously no remedy in CURRENT YEAR?
>>
Stop being so fat
>>
>>1207585
no
>>
>>1207584
>wobbling
That is not normal, why do you buy wobbly chair when everybody else except you doesn't have this problem?

The problem is you, stop wobbling the chair
>>
>>1207589
>why do you buy wobbly chair
it didn't wobble when I tried it out in the store
>>
>>1207584
>Is there seriously no remedy in CURRENT YEAR?

You bought a cheap chair, are you really surprised?
>>
>>1207591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1rp1dCRK2E
>>
>>1207592
While I dont have a Aeron, I DO in fact have a herman miller and there is no wobble in it.
I also bought it used from an office who had used it daily for 8 years
>>
>>1207594
I still find it to be an universal problem, just read the comments.
I've also had a discussion about on /g/ and a few other people claiming they stopped using office chairs altogether because of this shit
>>
>>1207597
>I still find it to be an universal problem

It doesnt sound that way to me.
It sounds like a handful of people concentrating in one comment section to complain about a rare problem.

If you are fat enough you are destroying the piston and hardware of a high quality office chair, maybe you should stop using an office chair.
>>
>>1207600
I'm just under the weight they test it on (110kg)
>>
>>1207584
Try not being fat.
>>
>>1207602
You're fat and chairs are pretty poorly designed. Piston shouldn't be expected to provide linear motion constraints on their own
>>
Office chair is on my list of projects to attempt out of wood. The good ones are so expensive, it'll be worthwhile to me if I can manage to design and build something durable and stable even if it takes a couple attempts.
>>
>>1207759
An office chair made of wood sounds like a terrible idea. Metal and plastic are very, very tough and plastic in particular needs more credit than it gets.

A fixed, solid wood chair will be fine. But I can't imagine an office chair with a ton of moving parts will work well.
>>
>>1207638
>You're fat and chairs are pretty poorly designed
this. Even if you spend 500 bucks on a chair, it will wear out and get loose and squeaky after years of heavy use. the more moving parts there are, the more shit there is to wear out. the most stable desk chair I ever had was one I scrapped together with an old car seat and some caster wheels
>>
>>1207759
>>1207768
so what should I look for? I get a feeling I should look for something like a sofa then.
I basically don't require any of the office chair feature like the swivels, turning and maybe even the leaning, but I still want full back support and i'm having a hard time finding regular chairs that offer that
>>
>>1207768
If it's on those pistons it'll go bad eventually. The reason why they wobble is because it's just friction fitted into the bottom base (metal or nylon) and the top base, which is just screwed into a block of wood or plastic.

If you want a sturdy chair it'd need to have a frame made from a single piece of metal.
>>
>>1207786
Try looking for a used Steelcase Leap chair on craigslist.
>>
>>1207883
first off, that is still an office chair and will without a doubt have the same problem.
Second, it's way out of my budget right now, especially since I just bought this one. Not to mention I'm not from the US so no craigslist, I'm, actually surprised I even found a single person selling that chair
>>
File: 84540_mesh_side_chair.jpg (30KB, 362x500px) Image search: [Google]
84540_mesh_side_chair.jpg
30KB, 362x500px
>>1207584
A chair is supposed to have 4 legs on the ground, not be some spindle with a retard array of legs. If you must have wheels then fine, get one with wheels. But, you really need to get a pipe bender, a welder, and build your own damn chair.
>>
>>1207969
I don't need wheels
as said, I only looked into the office chairs because of full back support, as in the back of the chair is tall enough to support my whole back and head
>>
File: pallet-computer-desk-1.jpg (28KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
pallet-computer-desk-1.jpg
28KB, 600x338px
>>1207969
>not a pallet chair to go with the pallet desk
>>
>>1207972
Take the chair you have, remove the bottom, install 4 legs.
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>1207972
>>
>>1207976
plotting chair?
>>
>>1207976
I don't know about that man
man, conference chairs are so shit
>>
>>1207972
>full back support,

Office chairs have proper support for sitting at and working at a desk
Just because something has "full back support" doesnt mean shit, it can still fuck your back

I used a recliner for a chair for a long time, and it ruins your posture
>>
File: cortenchairdesk.jpg (84KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
cortenchairdesk.jpg
84KB, 700x600px
>>1207974
>not making them out of indestructible shipping container Corten steel
>>
>>1208084
I know it doesn't mean shit especially if it's badly done, but sometimes I just want to lean back and enjoy or a video or something. Normal chairs are really uncomfortable in that regard
>>
>>1208089
I had a bad neck injury, I still deal with nerve pain to this day from.
Posture is really important to me so I was just pointing it out. I dont watch a lot of movies on my computer though, I do it on my couch.
>>
>>1207597
I gave up office chairs because of constant problems with their bases.
>First chair
Entire base bent in cartoonish ways on a super-hot day
>Second chair
Metal base this time - yay? No! One of the welds was faulty and it dropped me on the floor
>Third chair
Wobbled.
Now I have a "big and tall waiting room chair." It has a steel frame and is as sturdy as a concrete bench. Problem is that the frame has a permanent recline. Great for actually waiting in a room - it'd be nice and loungey. But that sucks when trying to do work at a desk like I do all day.

I'm going to make my own next time. It'll have a straight back with a 0-angle seat, frame done out of 2x4s, plus the plywood-bottomed seat from this one. I might be able to keep the back from this one too - the only problem seems to be the angle of the frame. If I do it right, I should never need another full desk chair as long as I live, though reupholstering is expected.
>>
>>1208137 again

I'm also going to put heavy-duty swiveling casters on the bottom when I build one. This waiting room chair has none, and not being able to roll back from the desk or turn the chair for an easy side-exit is far more of a PITA than you'd think.
>>
Well, it seems OP has proven to be a faggot once again.

Why did you come here to whine, OP? This isn't your blog. Take the good ideas given to you and get your underaged toolless ass out of here.
>>
I'd like to see a chair with some linear rails built into the stand. An industrial chair if you will.
>>
>>1207976
You have to be a card carrying member of the illuminati to have a chair like that.
>>
>>1207765
Oh, it wouldn't be an office style chair. I would just build it to be the right height and angle to sit at my desk. No adjustable bits aside from maybe a bit of lean to the back rest.
>>
File: FatChair.jpg (133KB, 580x500px) Image search: [Google]
FatChair.jpg
133KB, 580x500px
>>1207584
Needs a wider base.
>>
>>1207584
Lose some weight? I've had a shitty ass chair for 5 years and I have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>1207584
by not being a fatass, fatass
>>
Tighten up all the bolts.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.