[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello people! need some help with this electric screwdriver.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: P1010484.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
P1010484.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
hello people! need some help with this electric screwdriver. pic related is all its guts, from left to right you have the charger circuit, the batteries (called like that?), a switch that i guess inverts polarity to choose rotation (that also has a led as laternand then the motor. simple right?

well internal charge always sucked,i guess it wasnt properly charged the first times.. thing is that this baby is mine now so i sayd fuck it lets make it powered by some power adaptor s i can connect it to the wall, in the next post i tell yo my problem when i tried that

if i screwed up with some names or simple gramatic please take in consideration that english aint my native tounge :)
>>
>>1207547
those batteries will provide far more current than your adapter, either replace the batteries/charging circuit or get a much bigger adapter
>>
File: P1010481.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
P1010481.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
this are the internal bat's
1.2v each connected in series.. so im guessing the motor eats 3.6v. the charging adaptor is 5v dc 300mah.

a friend of mine told me this things need a lot of mp's to work..so i tried connecting it directly to the 3v and then to the 5v line. first with the rotation swtich on then directly to the motor. but it never turned.

what can i be doing worng? what shoukld i try? can i have burned the motor? the screwdriver was working before dissembled
>>
>>1207548
>>1207548

damn, sorry for explaining bad, i missed a line and it was that i tried using a pc power supply as a power source for this unit as they give a lot of amp's, thats why i said i tested the 3 and 5v lines..no luck though, and thakns for the fast reply!
>>
a motor like that will usually complain loudly before it dies, in the form of noise, sparks and smoke. if you didnt get any of that, then it's probably ok. assuming you have no instruments, one way to test if it's dead is to briefly flick a power wire to it. if the coil is intact, you'll see a small spark when you break contact.

if it is dead, it's likely due to a thermal fuse having blown.
>>
>>1207566
i think the motor is fine then, nothing spectacular has happened. i just tested with a burst of power and you can see the axis of the motor reacts. it does this little movement like wanting to start to turn then it stays there. thanks!
>>
>>1207570

when it jerks like that it usually means the motor wants more current that the supply can give it.
>>
>>1207547
Find something *you know* puts out 5v 3A or so, use that, and maybe get a $5 meter, you can check and see whether its maybe just one bad cell in the battery pack. Then, order spare cells from China and wait 6 months, meantime you can make yourself a spot welder to fix the pack when they cells finally arrive, etc.
>Is this a *good* screwdriver, BTW?
or just go 220v - may only work briefly, but spectacularly.
>>
>>1207576
the pc power supply says it gives 30A on the +5v line, is that a bluff?
i connected it to a 9v 1.7A adapter and also didnt work, but i then connected it to the +12v line of the pc power supply and it worked but started going too fast so i disconnected it (a very very little burnt smell, but its still working).

im out of adaptor options here! but i guess i just need to keep on trying
>>
>>1207649

please stop with all the high voltages; you're gonna kill it. if you're using a computer power supply, then use only the 3.3V (orange) wire. the power supply, being somewhat intelligent, will probably see the motor as a dead short, and shut down, which is probably why it didnt work on the 5V@30A.

you might be able to solve the shutdown issue by placing a coil in series with the motor. (one DIYer in the past succeeded by following this advice.) a coil resists quick changes in current, so the power supply wont see a dead short immediately, and once the motor starts spinning, it wont be a short anymore. size of coil is found by trial and error.
>>
>>1207551
Ecxuse poor please engdish:
a friend of mine told me this things need a lot of mp's to work
I say no!
>motor is kill!?!
>>
If you manage to put more amps through that tiny hobbymotor than the batteries can you'll just fry it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.