[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any Anon with on LiFi ? I would like to make some video transmission

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
Any Anon with on LiFi ? I would like to make some video transmission between two raspberry pi using LED blinking. It seems to be hard to found informations on Google, but maybe Anon has made some LiFi already ?
>>
Pretty sure you will need a dedicated network interface for that. I don't see any widely available li-fi network interfaces out there.
>>
>>1207481

IrDA is dead as a door nail, LiFi doesn't seem to have much chance of doing any better.

Why do you want to use optical?
>>
>>1207660
He's trying to plant a bug and flash a signal against the window to read with a scope and a pi.
>>
Dude in my uni some PhD student could transmit an video feed over lifi using arduinos but it like a fucking year of work. I will try to ask for the schematics and software of it but like in a 100% they will say to me no.
>>
Not overly familiar with the lifi protocol but if I had to do it I would use interrupts, the real difficulty would be establishing a timebase unless used asynchronously in either case your going to need to write a protocol, ie patterns to establish the start and end of each data packet. Possibly even using different frequency of light to establish a pseudo 2wire bus. Ie visible spectrum as the clock and Infrared as data, would then be a matter of firing an interrupt on the rising esge of the clock pin to read the data pin as either high or low.
>>
Something like Ronja would do you better I bet. GPIO is not going to be fast enough.
>>
>>1207491
I guess so, i found this : https://github.com/jpiat/arduino/wiki/Arduino-simple-Visible-Light-Communication which is a point from where to start.
>>1207660
I want to use it in a design project a communication system between plants. Obviously indoor.
>>1207807
please do !
>>1207902
Something like https://github.com/jpiat/arduino/wiki/Arduino-simple-Visible-Light-Communication but specifically modified for my own purpose ?
>>
>>1207481
I know this maybe a stupid question but can you simply build LiFi at home
>>
>>1207947
>https://github.com/jpiat/arduino/wiki/Arduino-simple-Visible-Light-Communication
That's a nice little project, but at 600 bits/s it's not a "point from where to start". It's impossible to use that as a starting point and reach any meaningful throughput for video transmission.
>>
>>1207481
>video transmission between two raspberry pi using LED blinking
You're trying to squeeze an elephant through the needle's eye here. Even if you could code everything in Assembler to optimize response time, I'd still wager you'd be looking at some real choppy, out of sync video with large blotches of entropy
>>
LiFi is a meme. On all of the presentations they had a very powerful and carefully pointed setup. To properly pack data as modulation of visible light you need something very fast. And then you have the reciever, where you have to filter out all the ambient light that's going to hit it, then get the signal out. You'd need fpga at least to have a chance at something more than transmitting text. And even with that out of the way there's the matter of writing drivers to make it an usable protocol. I've researched LiFi a bit few months back, thinking about potentially using it to make VR headset wireless. Info is sparse because after initial reveal and promises nothing has been done and the idea is pretty much dead, or in very very very early stages. But I think that if it had been as good as predicted some startup would have done it already, cheaply and commercially. Fuck, we live in a time where you can buy an actual commercial quantum computer.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170712-193714.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170712-193714.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>1207947
I did go but they tell me that they used some ultra high bright beam developed by them and that they was transmitting something called Var 2D video or something like that. Also, they told me that in Chile in October or November they will do dome presentations about visual light communications and they will certainly stream it. Pic related
>>
>>1208231
>an actual commercial quantum computer
*quantum annealing computer
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.