[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the circuit board from a new comcast voice control remote.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0355.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0355.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
This is the circuit board from a new comcast voice control remote. are these gold circles i'm looking at? They scratch fairly easily but i dont know much about gold or gold recovery.
>>
>>1206892

They're gold plated. Nicer circuit boards use a process called ENIG to plate exposed copper to improve corrosion resistance.

In cheap, mass-produced electronics, sometimes bare pads are used as contacts for membrane switches, which is what you have here.

Note that the amount of gold on the entire board is best measured in micrograms, so it's not exactly worth much.
>>
>>1206894
>ENIG
PO here, ima repo guy and ive saved about 200 of these boards, and i come into contact with out 30-50 a day. Is it worth processing if in bulk?
>>
>>1206892
Older cellphones have a larger amount of gold there is ways of buying scrap board and recovery with acid
>>
>>1206901

Not worth. As far as I'm aware, the only ones who can turn a profit of electronics recycling are those who can process literal tons of boards at once.

You'd actually be better off stripping the boards of components and scrapping them. But you'd still be making Chinese slavechild-tier money off that.
>>
>>1206901
To comply with IPC-4552 the immersion gold thickness for ENIG must be 0.05um minimum. Let's say you get double that, 0.1um. Let's be generous and say each one of those pads is 0.01m diameter, that's a volume of 3.14e-11m^3 per circle of gold. 41 pads, so you have like 0.025g of gold on that pcb. That's 90c of gold, assuming it's pure 24 carat.

Bear in mind this is being super optimistic in every regard. Once you've bought the hydrochloric acid, hydrogen peroxide, methanol, filters, vessels, ppe, blowtorch, borax, chisel etc etc and accounted for the cost of your time...... only you can say if it's 'worth' processing.
>>
>>1207164
not worth the cancer
>>
>>1207345
Cancer is the nice way to die from stripping gold.

Acid fumes burning your lungs and you die.
Torch ignites vapor and you explodinate.
Inhale or ingest too much heavy metal, you go insane ... while dieing...
>>
>>1206892
Dumb motherfuckers like you just need to stop. Plus its not worth the time for how much little you get out of it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.