[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have two 1' ball bearings that I bought for a project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 220px-BallBearing.gif (2MB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
220px-BallBearing.gif
2MB, 220x220px
I have two 1' ball bearings that I bought for a project that fell through, so I need something to make with them. Any ideas?

I was thinking about making a roulette table, but that might be beyond me.
>>
>>1206815
Oh shit, I meant 1''
>>
>>1206815
Something you can fidget with by spinning it
>>
>>1206842
Like a roulette table?
>>
>>1206815
Convince a friend to drop the bearings from a very high place so they smash you in the head for being useless.
>>
convert them metric
or some kind of dildo bearing ass machine
>>
>>1206815
>Any ideas?

You could use them in a quad-copter drone powered by a motorcycle engine. There's another thread already on that. Next time check the catalog first to avoid embarrassment.
>>
>>1206815
Have you ever heard of ben wa balls, OP? Google is your friend if you haven't.
>>
>>1206816
Did you even mean ball bearing? Not what your picture is showing.
Was any of your post accurate?
>>
>>1206815
You could make he next big hit toy among normie fags
>>
take them to the overpass and try to kill a motorist
>>
>>1206815
>1' ball bearings
>>1206816
>1''
da fuck kind of measurements are those? you mean the od is 1"?, what about the id? can you fit your jhonson in there?
>>
>>1207324
bearins are measured by ball size, so he probably means the balls are 1"
>>
>>1206815
https://youtu.be/eyoLpz5IvtI

Monkey fist
>>
File: 1497126222338.jpg (9KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
1497126222338.jpg
9KB, 194x259px
>>1206815
>I was thinking about making a roulette table, but that might be beyond me.
Dude, go for it!
>>
Little wind turbine that follows wind and gives you POWER
>>
big fidget spinner
>>
Huge fidget spinner.
>>
>>1206844
no dude...
a fidget spinner
>>
>>1207509
That sounds stupid.
>>
>>1206842
>>1207236
>>1207449
>>1207509
/thread
>>
Holy fuck how is everybody here so fucking stupid. OP posted an animation of a deep groove ball bearing. There is no there name for it. Bearings are identified by shaft size and load rating, not ball size (who the fuck thinks this?) or OD. These bearings have an ID of 1", most likely an OD of 2". As far as uses go, a lazy susan is a bad idea because these are not made for axial loads.

I have no idea what to do with these bearings, two bearings is a bit useless imo.
>>
>>1207827
Not designed for it, sure. But not a "bad idea". I'm sure a 1" bearing can handle "Lazy Susan" axial loads.
>>
>>1206815
spring loaded ball bearings on the bottom of something heavy so you can slide it easier.
>>
>>1207832
That's true. Depends what you're putting on it I guess.
>>
>>1207832
>Lazy Susan
i have buid one w/ glass marbles as bearings, about 25 of them
just two round wooden plates with a groove cut in its surface 20mm from the edge, 3mm deep and a radius of 11mm,
the two stack nice with the marbles both handling the rotation, axial force and sideways force,
and that all for freeeeeee, just some leftover materials i had
>>
>>1209372
>just two round wooden plates with a groove cut in its surface 20mm from the edge,

this just says that you understand mechanics unlike the other bozos "it will work" in this thread
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.