[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Workshop layout thread? Curious as to what /diy/'s ideal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: template.png (8KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
8KB, 600x598px
Workshop layout thread?

Curious as to what /diy/'s ideal shop would look like. I've been taking into account shit like workflow, ease of moving large lumber, roomfeel, etc., and wanna know how y'all'd go about it.
>>
File: over9000hoursinpaint.png (16KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
over9000hoursinpaint.png
16KB, 600x598px
And here's a really rough draft I just came up with. I'm sure with a bit of real thought it could be much improved

And those are the tools I currently have. Fuck I need a bandsaw
>>
Also interested, currently only have a single workbench with a drill press and a tool wall behind it. Also have a clamp rach and a shelve for my power tools and a snapon tool box.
Im looking to get a mitre saw, anyone have any good mitre station ideas?
>>
>>1206387
Don't put your miter saw in the corner. You want it in the middle of a long wall in case you have to cut long stock.
>>
>>1206387
You want your drill press (vise should be on the same workbench, along with all your handtools on the wall behind that workbench) to be in a triangle with your tablesaw and whatever tool you use the most apart from those two.
For me its a triangle with...
>Tablesaw
>Bandsaw
>Drillpress

Also you want your welding shit on a cart, or prefferably underneath a workbench with wheels, have sheetmetal over the surface of this workbench, as well as some metal around the edge and a solid mechanics vise. Again have a tool wall for all your welding shit.

Also lighting, tons of lighting.
>>
>>1206405
Hmm, I don't really use my drill press all that often, at least not in the top three. I do like that triangle idea though, I'll keep it in mind.

>>1206401
Yeah I figured in my shit drawing there'd be like 6 feet or something to the left of it, and I'd have the main bench be able to act as a wing table for it. I don't cut more than 8 foot sections usually, and if I do I have my circular saw for getting it down to size
>>
File: 1423100454935.jpg (231KB, 700x607px) Image search: [Google]
1423100454935.jpg
231KB, 700x607px
I'm not going to post a drawing because effort, but I recently started an electronics/whatever room. Have one large L shaped desk in the left corner with a switched power strip and a lamp, a smaller desk in the right with a computer and two screens, further clockwise I have a shelf with most of my tools on it, and counter-clockwise from the L desk is a dresser with mostly electrical stuff, with some heavier tools in the bottom drawer and my to-go solder box in the top. I have an oscilloscope on the L desk, but I plan to get a newer digital one (it's like 30 years old).

Part of the reason I did it was to continue my senior project for electronics which could remove plaque inside an artery; now I'm getting the feeling the company rep was just jerking me around because they've been largely out of contact since the presentation. I plan to continue it, and regardless of whether they want to continue it, I'll send the idea off to another company. I don't care about the legality of it, I'm doing it for moral reasons.
>>
>>1206582
that's pretty fucking cool my man
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.