[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brand new Raspberry Pi with brand new SD card won't boot,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170707_195330.jpg (1MB, 2595x2666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170707_195330.jpg
1MB, 2595x2666px
Brand new Raspberry Pi with brand new SD card won't boot, are these two bent looking pins to blame?
>>
>>1205687
Do you even have the system on the card?
And no the pins are ok.
>>
>>1205689
Yes I tried Win 10 first, then NOOBS when it didn't work. All that's connected is the SD card, HDMI monitor, and power. All I get is the red light
>>
RPi 3 switched to a friction fit SD slot.
Older Pi have a spring in the SD socket.

Those 2 bent looking pins are part of friction socket and look to be 100% fine. Did you load NOOBS? Is your HDMI cable plugged in and is your TV not a weird TV? Do both lights come on when you boot it?
>>
File: 14994724408001995562338.jpg (3MB, 3480x4640px) Image search: [Google]
14994724408001995562338.jpg
3MB, 3480x4640px
>>1205692
Noobs is loaded and I'm using an Asus monitor for the HDMI. Only one red light turns on when I plug it in
>>
>>1205692
Also just checked the monitor and cable with my laptop and they work just fine
>>
>>1205687
Don't use noobs, choose an OS, find an image and burn it. You did burn the card and didn't just copy paste the files right?
>>
>>1205696
I'll try win 10 again then.
>>
>>1205699
What program are you using to burn the image? Also you know win10 on the pie is command line only?
>>
>>1205700
Didn't know that, can it run .exe? Using it to stream G-Code to a laser cutter and that's all it will be doing.

I'm using Etcher to do the burn. You have a better alternative?
>>
Be cool. These pins are okay. Probably your SD card is malformated or the disk image wans't burned right. Try again.
>>
>>1205700
Also that ISO didn't take either. What OS do you recommend? Just have to run exe and a desktop GUI would be nice
>>
>>1205704
Win32 disk imager has never given me trouble, I've tried other stuff and it never boots. That "should" work, but I've found compatability on the pi to be abysmal with windows apps. Look at your pi when you boot it on, you want a blinking green light. Solid or no light means it isn't reading the card and something went wrong.

Also the hdmi out only initiates if you are plugged in before turning on the pi.

/g/ has a pi general that might be more helpful.
>>
>>1205706
Rasbian or a flavor like that, Linux is your best bet on pi. Though it might not run exe without adjustment. See if Linux has an alternative option for what you want to do, I would be surprised if it didn't have a native option.
>>
>>1205687
Dafuq is that over by test pad PP40?
>>
>Dafuq is that over by test pad PP40?

obviously a scratch. takes quite a bit of force to rip off the green solder mask, so its possible it also sliced a trace or 2. doesnt look like it, but it's worth checking out with a magnifying glass.
>>
>>1205717
Looks like OP needs to stop carrying it in his key pocket
>>
>>1205687

that pic looks like you scratched the traces on the board over there on the right. thats probably your problem, you dun goofed fucktard
>>
>>1205707
Assuming you've not scratched the fuck out of the board go and re-do your SD card by writing something on it with Rufus, ideally Raspbian
>>
>>1205973

That looks like some garbage fiber on the board, not a scratch.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.