[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to put a red or amber color filter on my screen to reduce

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: pepe.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
I want to put a red or amber color filter on my screen to reduce red light at night.
I already have f.lux, but I want a real, physical protection, not just a meme software.

I thought about gluing velcro to my monitor and glue the other part of the velcro to the amber plastic sheet so I can put and remove the filter at will.

Is there a better way? If I do it like I said, what glue should I use that I can easily remove from the monitor's frame?
>>
Wouldn't you want less blue light at night?

If you have a PWM-free monitor, couldn't you just turn down the brightness?
>>
>>1205265
Just get computer glasses you moron.

>https://www.spektrumglasses.com
These ones are well reviewed
>>
>>1205265
train yourself by looking at a red light 2 hours a day
soon you will see things less red
>>
>>1205265
What's wrong with f.lux? It's not meme software, the shade is fucking perfect. 2300K makes my dick diamonds.
>>
>>1205501

Sorry, meant "reduce blue light" of course.

>>1205561
Not my cup of tea.
>>
>>1205265
>"meme" software stops blue light from being emitted
>instead you think it's a better idea to allow your device to emit blue light and then try to stop it with a physical barrier

You are a retard
>>
>>1206045
The white phosphor LEDs behind the LCD still put out the same amount of harsh wavelengths and some of that passes through no matter what the LCD is doing.
>>
>>1206078
Your circadian rhythm is not THAT sensitive, you are vastly overthinking it.
Flux and all of the other programs do exactly what they are supposed to do, putting a color filter on your screens is the definition of diminishing returns.
>>
You asked of there was a better way. Like five other people told you there was. Fuck off.
>>
>>1206104
>>1206104
>Your circadian rhythm is not THAT sensitive, you are vastly overthinking it.
>putting a color filter on your screens is the definition of diminishing returns.

Can you please post studies that support your statement?
>>
>>1206409
Where are the studies showing that our bodies are highly susceptible to the light?
Better yet why dont we have an epidemic of insomnia happening to billions of people using technology before bed?

Blue light is only a part of the body clock. If you fucked your body clock up, throwing a filter on your phone screen wont suddenly make it better.
>>
File: FZJCLT8HYTI698G.MEDIUM.jpg (41KB, 620x548px) Image search: [Google]
FZJCLT8HYTI698G.MEDIUM.jpg
41KB, 620x548px
>>1205265

Get yourself an old Toshiba and sleep like a baby.

Besides, if you want to fall asleep you're probably better off sticking to text based browsing and not distracting yourself with things like youtube.
>>
>>1206078
Has it ever occurred to you that the problem is not the blue light but that you are stimulating your eyes and brain at night by staring at a phone screen?
>>
>>1205265
>put colour filter on screens
>not wearing filtered glasses
why make it hard on yourself?
>>
do it in software you fucking psycho. it's plenty effective
>>
>>1205265
Get some glasses that block out blue light. They make them for computer people. Easier than making a filter for your screens.
>>
File: 1281762196362.png (43KB, 716x596px) Image search: [Google]
1281762196362.png
43KB, 716x596px
>>1206419
>passed up a mostly working T3100 with only four columns out for $15 a month ago
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.