[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend of mine has a beach with a bunch of grass on it similar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: OBX-Beachgrass.png (104KB, 270x250px) Image search: [Google]
OBX-Beachgrass.png
104KB, 270x250px
A friend of mine has a beach with a bunch of grass on it similar to the pic. What is the best way to remove it?
>>
Don't, it is probably half the reason there is even a beach there
>>
>>1205123
Came to post this. You need to look up the local laws for stuff like this. It is normally highly regulated. Ask neighbors too.
>>
>>1205123
>probably half the reason there is even a beach there
This Anon is right but to give a small explanation the roots on the plants would help keep the sand in place
>>
>>1205122
Don't. The grass is preventing shoreline erosion that will eventually cause damage to the house. I wouldn't pull up any grass 10 feet past the house. I used to work at several resort properties on the Outer Banks. Shoreline erosion is a big, expensive fucking problem.
>>
>>1205122
>A friend of mine has a beach with a bunch of grass on it similar to the pic. What is the best way to remove his continued ownership of said beach?
>>
OP if you do remove the grass (because it's private property and your right), put down chicken wire and dump a shit ton of additional sand on top of it. Or be prepared to have a floating house
>>
>>1205170
>because it's private property

In most states, the property line ends at the dune and you simply have an easement which allows for the deck to be build over the dune. As other anons said, the dunes are critical to the integrity of the island. Just walking on them is subject to a $500 fine in my area.
>>
>>1205122

you could always burn them, legality aside
>>
>>1205122
look up {"beach erosion" "grass"}
>>
>>1205123
But it looks ugly as shit and not like beach at all.
>>
>>1205224

>has never seen a real beach before
>>
>>1205170
She actually has a steep bank of regular grass and weeds before it flattens out into sand and grass. Her beach is already clear but she bought the property next door and it is overgrown like the pic.
>>
>>1205341
Burn it.
>>
>>1205122
its stopping your house from being washed into the ocean dipshit
>>
>>1205343
Its not on an ocean. Its on a bay and almost every other house does not have grass so I doubt one person having grass is going to make much difference.
>>
Burn it, then watch as 3 years pass and your friends house sinks into the mud.
>>
>>1205170
>chicken wire

Retard.
>>
>>1205122
Blow torch. After you burn it you're required to alert your state parks and wildlife department so they can verify no sea turtles are left.
>>
>>1205213

Beach grass doesn't burn for shit and is sparse.

If someone ignored the laws and anti-erosion cautions and HAD to burn it, you'd need to walk around with a weed burner.
>>
Put a sheet of black polyethilene on top of grass, it will die in a week.
>>
>>1205341
Then I imagine she could just do whatever she did before to clear it up.
>>
File: 1435453413093.jpg (112KB, 540x577px) Image search: [Google]
1435453413093.jpg
112KB, 540x577px
>>1205476
Yeeeesss... a weed burner
>>
>>1205557

>Someone actually drew this
>>
mow it
>>
>>1205122
Mix diesel and biocide, apply liberally
>>
Guys, you missed the point. He's a 'friend,' or, that is, op wants to fuck him subtly
>>
>>1205170
>because it's private property and your right

The people who live next door to our cabin decided to tear up all the cattails so they could put a dock in. DNR came in and fined them $1000+ and made them pay for the restoration to the shore. Oh and they had to remove their dock.
>>
>>1205224
So you probably grew up inland, yeah?
>>
File: 1497644485834.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1497644485834.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>1205122
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.