[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys. I recently went the chinkshit route when helping my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1487040313903618858.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487040313903618858.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
Hi guys. I recently went the chinkshit route when helping my dad buy a new phone due to his budget. Ended up getting him an Elephone S7 Mini from Gearbest ( http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_491517.html?wid=11 ). Turns out it's a really nice phone. Problem is, pop-up ads seem to be appearing everywhere. When unlocking the phone, opening apps. Ads just randomly pop up. Seems like they're baked into the software.

Read somewhere online that the ads are a part of the launcher. Tried disabling this launcher and using a 3rd party one but ads keep appearing. Whenever an Ad downloads and appears on the phone, it appears to be saving data to the launcher app. This data continues to accumulate under the 'Launcher3' app data until it reaches 30gb and the device storage is full.

Any ideas or pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated. Willing to pay a reward in Bitcoin. Sucks trying to help my dad out and instead I just fucked up.
>>
>>1204806
Root, disable app. If no root available, find an app to freeze the launcher. DESU, it probably is a different app that does that. I'll Google some shit and see what I can find.
>>
>>1204811
Here fag.
1º- Install Nova Launcher (I tried with this one, maybe other ones also works)
2º- Set as default, keeping press the button, select always Nova.
3º- Go to settings - apps - show system apps
4º- Search for Launcher 3 and force stop
5º- In the same screen go to Permissions and disable all
6º- Go back and in Storage, clear data and clear cache
7º- Go to main screen of apps and tap in the gear
8º- Go to Modify system settings
9º- Up in the right corner tap the three points and show system
10º- Search Launcher 3 and disable "Allow modify system settings"
11º- Go back and go to "Draw over others apps"
12º- Up in the right corner tap the three points and show system
13º- Search Launcher 3 and disable "Permit drawing over other apps"
>>
>>1204812
ANON DELIVERS

I did find something similar but it didn't have all the steps your guide had. Thank you very very much. Ads seem to have completely disappeared and phone isn't filling up anymore. Love you.
>>
>>1204812
Jesus how the fuck does Android have all these stupid fucking permissions? What possible legitimate use case could there be for allowing apps to draw over other apps?
>>
>>1205885
permissions are great though, they restrict what an app can do pretty well. try a drawing app perhaps.
>>
Just imagine the spyware the chinese are putting in these.
>>
Got an elephant 8000 and apart from the lack of gyro and encompass it suits over my daughter's iPhone 6 for speed, screen res etc. Only trouble I had was with the launcher - replaced it with the Google launcher and haven't had an issue in over 2 yeas.
>>
Elephone* fucking autocorrect. Lol
>>
Ecompass* shits*
>>
>>1205890
your walking with Stalin's if not Mao's Dream
also
>Elephone
>not Hellephone
>>
>>1205885
Overlays for games, like steam does on PC.
Except Android users have the ability to disallow certain apps to do it while allowing other apps to do it. It's a freedom thing, you wouldn't understand.
>>
>>1206271
not at all, since you choose the permissions
>>
>>1205885
I use an app daily that needs that. It draws a black filter over the whole screen so it dims the light at night. It's really comfy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.