[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

greetings /diy/ , recently, I became fascinated with autogyros,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: _74673338_69646274.jpg (70KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_74673338_69646274.jpg
70KB, 624x351px
greetings /diy/ , recently, I became fascinated with autogyros, and I think of building one myself, since it really doesn't seem that complicated. Does anyone have any experience with it? also, one particular question I have is how the fuck do you build that prerotator?
>>
>>1204108
>Some friendly suggestions for posting:
>- First ask Google, then ask /diy/. Your question will probably be better received if you do so.
>- List available resources (tools, materials, budget, time, etc.)
>>
>>1204114
I did look that up on google, although I find little in the form of actual blueprints. Tools-wise, I lack precision stuff like a fancy lathe and a milling machine. I firstly wanted to see if someone actually flew one, see how it handles, how safe/dangerous it is, stuff like that . And from a technical standpoint, If reusing a motorcycle engine is possible ?
>>
>>1204121

Ignore the autistic pedants, anon. This is a good thread and you will get many intelligent replies along with the dreck like that guy.

And yes, a quality motorcycle engine makes a decent aircraft engine for something like an autogyro that is inherently safe by design.

Good luck and please post photos as you make progress.
>>
>>1204168
I will try my best. Although I think it's going to take quite a while to source all the things I need. But thanks for the encouragement
>>
>>1204108
>prerotator

Not needed if you have a decent length runway.
>>
This looks like it's right up there with ultralights as hobbies that will ultimately lead to your untimely death.
>>
>>1204210
You poor naive fool..
>>
Autogyros require lots of skill to pilot. I once had a dream of building one or perhaps a legal eagle ultralight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOd2PnR_YUU
>>
>>1204121
Is there some reason you couldn't ask in homebuilt aircraft forums or boards?

Why are you here? /diy/ isn't a specialty board. Your asking here seriously indicates you are fucking stupid.

Not all motorcycle engines are suitable. However Rotax etc make some powerplants which will get the job done.

Now fucking go to places with people who IRL built and fly their own autogyros.

https://www.rotaryforum.com/forum/kit-makers-manufacturers/bensen-style

4chan is not an aviation forum. If you aren't prepared to be completely and thoroughly professional from the beginning you won't build shit. And, let's face it, you were so lazy you asked here.

If you are poor, unfuck your life first. Aviation is not a cheap hobby nor will it ever be. Run the numbers, assume nothing.
>>
>>1204108
Littlewing autogyro. The engine will be your biggest expense has to be light and powerful preferably designed for aircraft. Also best to buy the rotor blades too. dragon rotor blades.
>>
>>1204266
Who wants to live forever?
>>
>>1204266
do you even sew ribs/rivet/lay fiberglass bro?
>>
>>1204285
legal eagle is where its at, im gonna build the XL eagle one day when i move and have a big work space. always been a dream of mine.
>>
>>1204286

People tend to post here if they dont want to deal with pretentous assholes like on specialty forums. Great job providing him the exact worthless answer they would have given.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.