[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this lamp for not much a couple years back and now this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Bestand_001 (2).jpg (848KB, 1296x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Bestand_001 (2).jpg
848KB, 1296x1936px
I bought this lamp for not much a couple years back and now this happened suddenly,
(Pic.)

I went to a store to ask for help and the guy there claimed that this now can cause short circuit. Except he could not eplain why exactly.

Is he right or can I still use it safely like this?
>>
>>1204032
Whenever you push the pins, the shit inside the case flexes. Eventually something breaks. This "something" is quite likely a wire and with some luck you now have a loose wire at mains potential inside the case. Short circuit and fire are possible.
>>
>>1204032
I am not familiar with that style of electrical plug so I don't know what is wrong with it. That said if it is damaged it should be replaced. It is a simple matter to add a new plug to a cord. I make extension cords and replacement power cords all the time. It is one of the simplest wiring jobs you can do and easy for a beginner to learn.
>>
>>1204032
screw it open and show us its guts ?
>>
>>1204037
>>1204039

So basically ''Don't use it agiain'' ?
It was only like €10 or something. anyway

>>1204040
It has these custom screws in it which require an unusual screw driver, I can not open it.. peacefully..
>>
>>1204046
>t has these custom screws in it which require an unusual screw driver

>use security screws in manfacturing cheap plug
>too cheap to use stronger plastic or better design innards

is that an ikea product?
>>
>>1204046
take an old flat head screw driver of the right size and file the middle out of it, done.
>>
>>1204046
it is not custom, it is standard issue don't-let-customers-open-it-easily screws
there is also triangle/Y version of it
>>
>>1204047
No, the guy at the store saw the screws and instantly asked me if i bought it at [cheap-store] and then said they use these screws so the ustomer can't fix issues like these and will buy a new one.

>>1204051
What's your pojnt?
>>
>>1204056
>What's your pojnt?
my what?
>>
>>1204037
>Short circuit and fire
I heard they have circuit breakers in the EU.
>>
>>1204032
These screws don't look impossible to get out. Give it a try, it's a goner anyway for now
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.