[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 6.5 quart stainless steel pot from which I want to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1411165813936.jpg (183KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1411165813936.jpg
183KB, 500x500px
I have a 6.5 quart stainless steel pot from which I want to make soap from. How much oil can I put in to use most of the space for the pot?

I'm thinking of throwing in some rosemary, because I've got a large plant that I never use.

Also, how do you feel about a composition of:
50% canola oil
30% coconut oil
20% olive oil
>>
GUTS
>>
File: DDMW9ISVYAAgTE2.jpg (404KB, 2048x1450px) Image search: [Google]
DDMW9ISVYAAgTE2.jpg
404KB, 2048x1450px
Did all the soapmakers die?
>>
>>1203587
Yes. We killed them at Nuremburg.
>>
>>1203612
kek
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-07-03 20.38.47.png (2MB, 2396x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-07-03 20.38.47.png
2MB, 2396x1072px
If any of the soapmakers see this, I do have a question, I'm a very big newb when it comes to soap making and I found these scents, would it be okay to use these? Or is there a better option
>>
Fuck. I haven't made soap in decades but this is a lonely thread with a topic that I support. Still, take my info with a grain of salt.

From memory, the saponification process increases volume by about 10-15%... maybe 20%. It's an absolute bitch to clean up partially mixed soap if it gets everywhere, and the the unmixed hydroxide formula is not fun to clean up either. If the pot has a pouring spout then you could probably fill it up to 70% of raw materials. Otherwise, I'd pay it safe and do a half batch.

We did tinctures for our herb themed soap. Boil your water and soak the herbs in it for an hour or more, top up with water to make sure it's the right amount, then add your NaOH, mix, add to fats, etc. We had /really/ good results using stinging nettle and letting it sit the NaOH solution for an hour before removing the plant fibers and adding fats.

I haven't used canola, but those are good amounts of the other oils. Maybe a little high on the coconut.

>>1203746
Sorry, I don't have experience with that brand. I'd do some research on whether they had additives in them if you care about that kind of thing (and whether your process (cold-press, hot...mix(?) had an effect with those additives). Essential Oil for burning seems like it would have extra stuff in it.
>>
>>1203746
>unlabeled shit from china
could be perfect, could be toxic and there is no way to know before buying it
>>
That's a lot of oil
>>
>>1203612
Too soon.
>>
>>1202609
I've never seen anybody use canola oil before for soap making. If you decide to use it please tell us how it goes. I'm curious.
>>
Don't forget to put your safety grasses on to avoid soap in the eye.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.