[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have come into possession of a demo unit of a Nakamichi NK6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 20170701_120331.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_120331.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have come into possession of a demo unit of a Nakamichi NK6 soundbar and wired subwoofer. As it's a demo, it has several parts either disconnected or downright missing, most importantly the volume control.

Following are some pictures I have taken of the circuit board for the sub, which takes the inputs, and close ups of various parts.
>>
File: 20170701_120448.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_120448.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I spotted two connectors that have no associated wires, and I'm thinking one of these are the volume control. As if stands now, the unit defaults to 'very fricking loud', and whines from the soundbar section when powered on.

Im looking to add a volume control to what I have,but understand just enough about electronics to know not to mess with it.
>>
File: 20170701_120856.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_120856.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
At the top of the subwoofer is a digital pot, which rotates continuously (ie, it doesn't have a start/stop position), which would be both the input selector (when pushed in), power button (when pressed and held), and volume (when twisted).

Apologies for the rotated pictures. Top is in all cases to the left.
>>
>>1202403
>>1202403
It's an encoder. The switch is just a switch. The encoder is just switches. You can power it up and short pins to see what happens, then wire accordingly.
>>
>>1202406
Also, some questions.
Did you get the remote control?
It says this unit has Bluetooth, does it have an app?
Did you short the pins until it was loud?
>>
>>1202408
One more question. The black wire shown in your last image, does it go through a hole to somewhere else? Or is that their shitty way of ending a wire that was supposed to be controls?
>>
>>1202408
OP (from computer instead of phone)

The unit came with the subwoofer, soundbar and power cable. As it was a demo unit, it had no remote, and I don't think it has Bluetooth capabilities.

The demo would be powered on all the time, and a customer would press a touch-button to start a 2-minute mp3 played from an external media device. There were touch volume controls on the demo control panel, but these only reduced the input volume, not the volume of the soundbar/woofer combination.

I have done nothing to device except plug it in. The only sound input is a stereo RCA pair (red/white) coming from my computer's sound output (fixed volume). Just an FYI, when I first plugged it in and tried it out, the bar and subwoofer were painfully loud, and had to reduce the PCs output to less than 10% in order for the sound to be comfortable, and it was then that I noticed the whining noise.

The black cable runs to an LED indicator panel in the front of the subwoofer, which would show volume level (0-20) and input selection (which is fixed on 'Aux', rather than the options of Bluetoooth, Optical (no port on the demo) and Aux).
>>
File: labeled board.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
labeled board.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I've updated my picture with some more information. Might actually be helpful.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.