[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a helmet in order to use it for just photography.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

I want to make a helmet in order to use it for just photography. So, it will be a prop.
How can I build a helmet?
I youtubed it and I only saw the results of how to paint a helmet...
>>
>>1202010
papier mache on a balloon?
if you aren't artsy enough to figure that out yourself then you will be cheaper just buying one. rent one possibly?
>>
go to goodwill and spend the 2 dollars on a helmet. WTF man.
>>
>>1202010
buy one at the thrift store for 50 cent
scrap off the mites and it's good to go
>>
>>1202010
Just buy a used helmet there fucking you twink
>>
>>1202010
If your time is literally worthless, paper mache or papercraft. If you find the right template, the papercraft one could wind up fantastic, but expect to spend hours.

Otherwise, go to a party store and buy a cheap prop for a few dollaroos.
>>
File: IMG_20170616_230551368_HDR-L.jpg (86KB, 799x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170616_230551368_HDR-L.jpg
86KB, 799x450px
>>1202010
Ask someone who rides (or better yet, races). If they've been riding for more than 5 years, they probably have two or three laying around they'll give you.

I usually donate my old wrecked helmets to the fire/emt district for training.
>>
you know, I'm really glad to see that /diy is finally beginning to get a grip on common sense and reality sometimes, when people ask idiotic questions of "how do I make X", and the only sensible answer for their purpose is "just buy one, you idiot".

the replies in this thread are extremely good to see.
>>
>>1202481
Post boipucci
>>
>>1202010
Dude. Garage sale your ass off. These old helmats are everywhere
>>
Melt a pot full of plastic and then pour it over your head. quickly dunk head in water to prevent burns. Pop off the custom fit cap and trim edges with your sisters curling iron....PROFIT!
>>
If your time and life is literally worthless you can probably make one out of various panels stitched or band-aided together but it all depends on what you have available
>>
>>1202442
What do they do with them when you donate?
>>
>>1203410
probably practice taking them off a crash victim
>>
>>1202010
also you are super retarded if you try to make one, i got a helmet without a scratch that was 5 bucks from goodwill
>>
>>1203414

which may in many cases also involve practising cutting the helmet apart, for those with spinal injuries where you shouldn't just pull the helmet off the head, but split it in half a lift the two pieces away. .
>>
>>1202010
Define "build a helmet"
If you want a prop of a motorcycle helmet, just buy a motorcycle helmet.
If you want to make a fantasy or science fiction helmet then there are a lot of resources out there.
>>
>>1203386
I don't have a sister.

How do I make sister?
>>
>>1203874

Go fuck your mother.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.