[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello there, anyone has blueprints or knows how to make one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (1MB, 684x681px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 684x681px
Hello there, anyone has blueprints or knows how to make one of these?
(not the shitty one but pic related like)
>>
File: 2.png (1MB, 676x678px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
1MB, 676x678px
>>1201311
>>
That's not something you bang out in a weekend.
That's a lot of beadwork, which unless you buy the beaded parts pre-made it's gonna take you a while, especially if you don't have experience.
Check out forums for north American first nations ceremonial garb.
You might also be able to find some stuff if you search up Order of the Arrow regalia, but a lot of that is lodge specific and held close to the chest.
>>
Be warned that some people get really pissed off about "cultural appropriation" when people other than Indians wear these.
>>
>>1201324
I am 100% sure OP wants it for a festival, and nobody at a music festival is going to care, because they probably have their own or are 1/16th Cherokee princess.
>tfw your ancestors only iconic clothing is boots
>>
>>1201311
boyfriend is some fucking type of indian.

he's an alcoholic and a bit of a shut-in

The headband is a leather strap with ornamentation and lots of beadwork. This takes him the longest to do.

traditionally bone, or wood dowels were then strung onto sinew lace in a ladder form. Today he uses some sort of plastic tubing because it's lighter weight.

Next he organizes the feathers from largest to smallest. he pairs them up and then splits the pairings into two descending rows for each side of the dress.

The feather is attached to the end of a rung of the ladder, fur and/or smaller downy feathers are attached at the base of the feather, and the rung of the ladder is wrapped. His most expensive head dresses are wrapped in beadwork adorned leather. Plain leather, fabrics, and natural materials like woven grass are all uses as well.
>>
>>1201326
And the one who said you're not banging it out in a weekend is right.

My boo has been doing this with his grandfather for his whole life. His most expensive ones take a month or more working almost full time on it.
>>
>>1201325
https://news.vice.com/article/canadian-music-festivals-are-banning-aboriginal-headdresses-as-a-fashion-accessory
>>
>>1201331
That's gonna be an ugly can of worms.
>>
>>1201325
Exactly and there is no PC bullshit in Georgia (country) i want to make one for JEM FEST
>>
>>1201311
just
fucking
google
it

bang it out in a week np
http://www.jillianundercover.com/2013/11/tutorial-how-to-make-native-headdress.html
>>
>>1201386
As a timber coon myself I'm more offended at the quarter-ass job she did.
Jesus fuck.
Anyway the OP's image appears to have actual beadwork.
The link you shared has like. Puff paint and felt.
>>
>>1201311
>>1201312
Damn nigger
>>
>>1201389
need a hug?
>>
>>1201311

It will take a woman, 5 minutes of prep time, and 20 years of putting up with bullshit. You are so far ahead from every perspective to just rent one.
>>
>>1201331
But their cultural appropriation of rampant alcoholism, joblessness, and child abuse is ok.
>>
>>1201311
>how to make one of these?

Introduce me to her mom and I'll knock another one out pretty quickly. ;-)
>>
>>1201324
Yeah.

But if you really want to live on the edge, get a Samoan tribal tattoo. I have a buddy who is Samoan. Pretty easy-going guy, but people with Samoan tattoos really get him pissed.

Because it makes me look tough and badass. You want to see tough and badass? Piss my buddy off.
>>
>>1201322

>That's not something you bang out in a weekend.

with enough cocaine and coffee, any thing is possible.
>>
>>1201484
Your friend is a racist.
>>
>>1201827
Not really. It's a kind of stolen valor. I'll introduce you to a couple of marines who will kick your ass if they catch you wearing their insignia. Any race you'd like.
>>
File: Alex_Jones_Toasts_Trump.gif (3MB, 272x198px) Image search: [Google]
Alex_Jones_Toasts_Trump.gif
3MB, 272x198px
>>1201839
>Samoan stolen valor
>>
>>1201839
That shit always makes me laugh.

HOW DARE YOU WEAR SOMETHING THAT I WEAR! It's always some fucking boot that is trying to act like he's fucking Rambo.

Some scrawny little Army fuck was hassling my friend because he was wearing dog tags and an army cap at a bar, accusing him of wearing them to try and pick up chicks. My friend told him politely to fuck off. He wouldn't get out of his face so he told him that he was wearing them because they were his brother's and he had just died in Afghanistan. Still kept getting in his face so my friend brought him outside and put his superior boot camp training to the test. We ended up having to pull my buddy off the kid and we got out of there before the police and ambulance got there. Glad we paid with cash and were from out of town.
>>
>>1201868
Yeah, you should see the thingsthattotallyhappened.png stories on gun and military forums about heroically beating up some fag in milsurp. Trying to dress in full military uniform and pretend to be a soldier is one thing, wearing random milsurp is just normal /k/-leaning activity.

Technically kickass head dresses are usually Native military medal equivalents, but they're all dead or drunk so you'll just have to endure SJWs call you problematic.
>>
>>1201873
I wore a surplus BDU jacket and pants to a paintball session once. at a gas station a bucktoothed retard told me i shouldnt wear "military dress." there were no tags or medals or anything mind you just old school camo not even the digital camo.

the military is full of idiots
>>
File: indian_crafts_and_lore.jpg (204KB, 640x871px) Image search: [Google]
indian_crafts_and_lore.jpg
204KB, 640x871px
>>1201311
I have loved this book since I was a child. It has detailed plans on making almost everything from pouches to several different styles of headdresses. It also has amazing illustrations of all of the different patterns and styles of painting and beadwork that were used for all of the tribes. It also has a section on making realistic bones and claws out of wood. Highly recommended.
>>
>>1201311
Find a girl, fuck her, then if you knock her up you've got a 50/50 chance of getting what you want if yes then wait 30 years, if no then try again from the start.
>>
>>1202067
Classic /diy/ putting too much effort into doing it from scratch. You can save a lot of time if you climb social circles into high school groups and turn up the charm. Sometimes used ones are broken in enough to eliminate further effort, there's a lot of variance but there's a lot of selection so you can get what you're after if you look hard enough.
>>
File: images-14.jpg (7KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images-14.jpg
7KB, 260x194px
>>1202073
>You can find some serviceable ones on Craigslist
>>
>>1201484
>>1201839
Both you and your friend seem to be pretty retarded so I actually believe he would start shit with a person because of a tattoo.

>muh stolen valor
That has other things to do with it, most people who do that are in fact pretending to be or have done something for credit and even get free shit and preferencial treatment in many stores. It's still pretty retarded regardless.

>but we waz kangz n shit
Then whites would have to kick pretty much everyone out off western countries because all other races or ethnicity do is live off and appropriate European culture and traditions.
>>
i think we can all agree all your friends are retard including the marines, pocahontas and fafafeeny
>>
>>1202105
No lowballers, no scammers
>>
>>1201873
theres no native Americans left
>>
>>1202118
if all you had was a piece of national identity and you saw people abusing it and making a parody out of it, you'd be pissed off too.
>>
>>1201839
Cool, please tell all your non white friends to stop wearing denim, western business suits, cowboy boots, Viking helmets, medieval knight armour, baseball caps, elasticated underwear, plaid shirts and Christian religious iconography. Also let them know they're not allowed to use coloured contact lenses, blonde hair dye, or to straighten their hair artificially, and I definitely don't want to hear of any nonwhites cosplaying as a white TV, cartoon, comic book or literary character. Sports and hobbies that they're no longer allowed to participate in include boxing, archery, soccer, rugby, highland games, HEMA, golf and tennis. It is considered incongruous for a nonwhite to drive a vehicle manufactured by Ford, BMW, Audi, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Ferrari, Volkswagen or Mercedes. Oh, and lastly please tell those Westiboos to stop speaking English.

See how reasonable it sounds? Hurr durr muh stolen valor.
>>
>>1203568
I'm Irish, tell your tubby friend to grow a set. Frankly tribal tattoos look stupid on everyone, including dancing ooga boogas, but it isn't affecting anything.
>>
>>1203618
>Irish
>not living in a constant state of butthurt
>>
>>1203624
For what? We're shitty enough to still take the dole, but locked up union jobs. Best o' both worlds.
>>
>>1201311
>>1201312
>Find woman
>Impregnate her
>50/50 chance it's a girl
>Feed her right so she doesn't get fat

That's about the easiest way to make a woman
>>
>>1203617
but but we want immigrants to integrate?

And my ancestors viking helmets you all can have, not very proud of people killing and raping
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.