[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whenever I'm in my bedroom with the door closed I feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: 1422360998719.png (81KB, 773x773px) Image search: [Google]
1422360998719.png
81KB, 773x773px
whenever I'm in my bedroom with the door closed I feel like a pressure in my head like I can't breathe. like there's no oxygen to inhale. makes me extremely mentally fatigued. really unsure what the issue is. whenever I leave the bedroom I feel instant relief and can actually feel my head depressurizing if you will. like some sort of gas chamber in there

there's a large hole in my closet leading to water pipes not sure if that has something to do with it. would appreciate all advice.
>>
would actually pay via paypal if someone gave me working solution. quality of life is so shit.
>>
>>1201270
doesn't feel bad with door open.
>>
>>1201270
Oh, fuck dude. You have to leave your bedroom? Poor you. God forbid in this day and age you have to go outside or something.

In all seriousness, it is probably mental. No other room in the house does this? I mean, fuck, plug the hole, put a fan to blow air in through the door. If that doesn;t help then, yeah, it is totally mental.
>>
>>1201275
I thought there could a more serious issue. i bought carbon monoixide detector and it didn't show anything
>>
>>1201270
are you sleeping in a coffin?
>>
>>1201272
You should get a carbon monoxide sensor. That is the most common cause of death from gases.

Tell yourself that it's okay if the carbon monxide isn't going off.

Your bedroom is not an closed environment, gasses are evenly mixed the rest of the atmosphere.
>>
File: IMAG0473.jpg (911KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0473.jpg
911KB, 2688x1520px
>>1201281
the room is really small and has a large hole in the closet that leads to the water pipes. i have window ac unit installed.

this is the room.
>>
>>1201270
Install a louvered door. No one can see in, but it's still "open." If you still get all weirdo pressurized stupid, it has to be mental, which it probably is anyway.
>>
>>1201291
>>1201284
have CM alarm. o ppm

seriously causing me quality of life issues. would be willing to pay for solution
>>
Do you use a ceiling fan?
>>
>>1201300
no. don't have one
>>
>>1201293
So try a louvered door OP. If it doesn't work you're out the cost of a closet door. Don't give a shit about being paid for a suggestion. I'm pretty sure I've seen this thread on here before anyway, so stale pasta is stale, but 3/10 for making me respond twice?
>>
forgot to mention bedroom smells like paint/calk even though I didn't do anything. only notice it when I first go in
>>
>>1201303
It just might be humidity, I don't know how it feels but it sounds just like having water in your ear

It has to be a humidity or pressure issue, for there to be a pressure issue, there has to be a leak where it creates pressure and then equalizes when you open the door.

I don't think it's any gas, you can try and test it but everytime you open the door you release it and you'd need a source for the gas, the only thing you mention was pipes. Do you have a natural gas line nearby?
>>
>>1201308
ye think humidity has something to do with it. I didn't really have issues this winter. but the humidity made it hard to breathe. it's weird tho cause I have ac pumping and still have issues with door closed. dont think I have natural gas line nearby.

but that was my worrie some sort of gas leak
>>
>>1201313
>>1201308
you would smell gas and/or be dead by now if that was the problem.
>>
>>1201306
Look for an aerosol can with a small puncture in it.
>>
>>1201270
Are you on the bottom floor, in a cellar or basement?

Maybe Radon Gas is the problem?

Other than that Check your Fridge I guess.
>>
>>1201293
>would be willing to pay for solution
Pay a psychiatrist, then.
>>
>>1201270
Do you have an aircon system in your house? If so, do you know which type it is (refrigerated / evaporative)?
>>
>>1201352
I should probably explain why I asked in case it is not obvious. Refrigerated a/c units take the same amount of warm air out of a room as they put in cold air so the pressure stays the same.
Where as evaporative a/c units just blast cooler air in so if there isn't a door or window slightly open the air pressure in the room quickly rises.
Easiest way to tell if this is the case is to be outside of the room, close the door then put your hand down near the base of the door and see if you can feel air flowing from under the door (assuming there is at least a small gap under your door).
Evaporative a/c units are generally only found in hot and dry climates as they don't work for shit when there is a high level of humidity.
>>
>>1201293
Call Ghostbusters
>>
>>1201288
>>1201306
Sounds like youre describing the smell of mold m8.
Sounds like your room is past the point of no return and you really shouldn't sleep or even stay in it
>>
File: 1498216934471.jpg (48KB, 720x478px) Image search: [Google]
1498216934471.jpg
48KB, 720x478px
>>1201351
This
>>
>>1201364
Also you need to
1. Find the mold
2. Find the source of the moisture creating the mold (start with those water pipes)
3. Remove the source (fix water pipes etc.)
4. Replace all materials that could possibly have mold in them
If you have money hire a professional to do this.

Everyone ITT is retarded except me btw
>>
>>1201270
no air circulation so not enough oxygen
>>1201274
air circulation is the key here

you already know the solution
>>
Sounds like mold.
>>
>>1201275
>Oh, fuck dude. You have to leave your bedroom? Poor you. God forbid in this day and age you have to go outside or something.
anon, do you understand that average person spend ~6 hours in their bedroom to.. you know.. sleep?
>>
>>1201383
kys
>>
>>1201277
>carbon monoixide
Humans don't create much carbon monoxide, only a few ppm, otherwise the act of breathing would kill us.
We do create carbon Dioxide, which replaces oxygen in your room and makes you a bit dizzy (studies show that concentrations of carbon dioxide above normal levels reduce the productivity in workplaces). Carbon dioxide won't shop up in your carbon monoxide sensor. This could be a cause for it and would explain why the symptoms go away when you open the door.

Another problem could be mold or excessive humidity, check the humidity levels and try to find sources of mold.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sick_building_syndrome
Buy an air purifyer or a dehumidifier and see if that changes anything. I would suggest installing an air duct to pump fresh air into your room.
>>
>>1201270
protip: the pipes arnt causing your schizophrenia
>>
>>1201270
Same happens to me when door and window are closed. I cannot tolerate low oxigen levels, so windows are open year in and out. No way around it, really, other than just having a window open.
>>
>>1201270
You have black mold issues in your house and your sinuses are putting pressure on your head.
>>
Go with your gut OP. If your house is making you feel sick.... move out.
>>
>>1201270
Go to a psychiatrist or psychologist.
>>
>>1201288
Tao lights are haunted
>>
I guess you could try to get good ventilation going until you solve the problem.
>>
>>1201387
+1 this. I got 3 dogs and they breath all my oxygen and it's too hot to open windows. I also have lived in high altitude where there's lower oxygen levels and the issue of breathing all the oxygen is amplified.
>>
>>1201275
Obviously he wants to be able to sleep in his own bedroom without having problems, just as anyone would you fucking idiot.
>>
>>1201719
to make this problem more difficult than opening a window. You can get medical oxygen concentrators but it would be best to run it outside of your room and either pump into the room or breath directly from the machine, since running the machine inside the room would be robbing your room of the oxygen present.

You can also get a scuba tank and refill it but this is not pure oxygen and is an atmospheric mix. The most bang for the buck is probably welding tank oxygen since its pure and cheap and leaking a little off the tank into your room. Just dont breath pure oxygen since will cause oxygen toxicity.
>>
>>1201719
>I got 3 dogs and they breath all my oxygen
Why did this make me laugh so much?
>>
>>1201385
childish comments adding to the discussion since never
>>
>>1201288
Is that a shitty hospital room?
>>
>>1201350
>Maybe Radon Gas is the problem?
Radon is an odorless gas. It is also a noble gas which can react with other substances but it needs very special circumstances, probably around 0°K and some funky shit around it. If you get it to react with something you get in the cover of a scientific journal.
Radon is bad for you because it is radioactive. As you breath it it decays in your lungs and radiates there. Causing mutations. Causing cancer.

So no, it's not radon gas. OP is some weird basement dweller who liver in a moldy shit hole or maybe is a hypochondriac. Also OP is really good in interior design as we can see from his picture!
>>
File: IMAG0525.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0525.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>1201957
>>1201957
hope it's not radon gas.

I just got back from doing cardio and feel amazing and then I go into room and feel mentally fatigued.

this is the hole I as talking about
>>
>>1201981
red the thread you retard, it's definitely mold.

also, long exposure to mold makes you more sensitive to it, which means that if regular healthy people enter your room they'll probably not feel any of the symptoms you are feeling.
>>
>>1201981
Room too sealed, your farts are increasing the air pressure as well as reducing the available active oxygen atoms.
>>
>>1202155
>>1201472
>>1201378
Seconding this. OP, get a dehumidifier and put it in your bedroom, as close to the closet as you can safely place it. If it makes the room too warm, then just run it when you're not in there, but make sure it runs several hours a day. That'll at least get the moisture down so the mold isn't as rampant. Maybe it will help your breathing. This will also help if there's no mold but just excess humidity.

If you're renting, tell your landlord that you think there might be mold. Then start looking for a new place anyway, because a lot of landlords won't fix shit at all, and the ones that do usually just jury-rig some kind of temporary solution. So if he "fixes" it, don't expect it to last.

If you own your place, start looking for possible sources of mold.

If you do all this, and you become certain that it's not actually mold or humidity, then it's probably either an airflow thing or psychological. Sleep with your door open.
>>
>>1201368
If you're renting, document all this shit with pictures with timestamps turned on, send it and a request for repairs to your landlord with signature verification to your landlord so you can prove he received it. Do this a couple times then call a lawyer specializing in shit like this and schedule a free consultation. He won't mind taking 40% of your settlement in order to represent you. Sue your landlord. Even better if you can prove that it cost you money or lost you a job or something impactful.
>>
>>1201981
you mean your room is open to the crawlspace, since that's an access panel to the plumbing for the tub/shower

If you don't have that panel closed and sealed, you are getting all kinds of nasty shit in the air, your crawlspace is likely swarmed with molds and fungi of all sorts.
If it's sealed properly when you don't have it open, check for leaks and look for wet spots. your floor, wall, etc could be moldy below the surface and shedding spores without showing.

I'd say you also need to consider sewer gas or sewage odor coming up from the crawlspace as well. First, make sure the foundation vents are open. Second, run water in every sink, tub, flush every toilet, then crawl under there and look around for puddles, damp spots, or obvious holes in drain pipes.
Have you had slow drains and used draino type shit?

And WTF is up with the shower wall? It looks like someone painted the back of a cement/lathe tile wall with caulk to "fix" leaks. If so, that's another big problem.

Get a small box fan or something, put in window, force fresh air into room from outside.

The odor/gas from sewers or lakes of moldy drain water under a house would cause your problems.
>>
Stop smoking weed.
>>
>>1202626
your right about it being water pipes. every time someone flushes toilet or uses sink a loud noise comes from there. quite annoying. it's actually on the top floor of the house. not the basement.

but yeah how would I go about sealing it properly. ? hard to find something that fits the gap

thanks for the info
>>
forgot to mention whenever I sleep in bedroom with door shut. I'll wake up and won't be able to breather through nose. swollen turbinates. like a severe allergy.
>>
tack a comforter to one of the long walls. if that works, replace with acoustical wall panels.
>>
>>1203046
does

>>1203045
mean it's probably mold?
>>
>>1201270
Start checking for mold
>>
>>1201270
Start checking for mold
>>
>>1201368
This
Also not retard
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.