[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to do something special for my father. I have his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: dogtag.jpg (11KB, 347x222px) Image search: [Google]
dogtag.jpg
11KB, 347x222px
I'd like to do something special for my father. I have his original dog tags with the double ball chain that was issued in boot camp. Can aluminum be plated with precious metals? How is this done and who would do this for me ~ such a small consignment and all?
>>
>>1200087

I will take "What is GOOGLE" for $400 Alex...

im sure you can google "can aluminum be plated" and also "where to get metal plated"

consider this a freebie. next time you do your own research
>>
>>1200089
you know, i almost added
id like to know /diy/ answers
not googles
so go fuck yourself
>>
>>1200091

should have thought of that the first time.. too late now, you already been told
>>
>>1200092
if you don't know, just say so.
>>
>>1200087
Dont ruin something original that has sentimental value
Have new ones made in a precious metal
>>
>>1200087
Don't plate aluminum. You have to go through a few different metal coatings before you can actually plate it with something nice looking and it never holds up well.
>>
>>1200103
This, don't modify people's things without asking. If you want to keep it a surprise, make a whole new one.
>>
Imagine your son handing you a present and opening it to find out that the last token of your happy unmarried sonless days has been coated with tacky nigger gold.
>>
>>1200167
now image you
no son
ever
>>
>>1200173
The dream
>>
>>1200087
Duracoat them, gunshop would probably do it for $30. Do pink.
>>
>>1200087
>Can aluminum be plated with precious metals?
When did the military begin issuing ID tags in aluminum?
Mine are stainless steel.
>>
>>1200089
No need to be an asshole, he just wants an opinion from other people he can discuss it with
>>
>>1200167
This.

Don't mess with the originals. Maybe make a nice display case/frame/whatever for them.
>>
>>1200087
For the love of god, don't do this. Make a frame or something to display them. Don't fuck up his dog tags.
>>
>>1200173
Childless single permavirgin here, I've paid off my house and have a steady job. Convince me not to find a breeder and have a child.
>>
>>1200829
>Convince me not to find a breeder and have a child.

No. Have many. As many as possible. Mate with everything. Gloosh, gloosh, gloosh!
>>
Electroplating shops are pretty mindless business once everything is set up. To the point they'll likely higher uneducated criminals or illegal immigrants to work dipping the materials in the plating baths.

I honestly see nothing wrong with giving these sort of people your dad's dog tags, containing absolutely useless personal information such as: Name, blood type, religious preference and especially those dumb social security numbers.
>>
>>1200167
>>1200828
>>1201992
All of these anon please dont do it he'll pretend to be happy when you give them to him but he'll be dying on the inside
>>
>>1200167
Not tacky, presidential :^)
>>
>>1200208
One of my army bf's tags I have here is slightly sticky to hard drive magnet, so OP must have constructed an ass out of him and us.
>>
>>1200829
Get bf, be gay dink, enjoy intercontinental adventures every year.
>>
Like others have said, don't do anything to alter those dogtags. Find a nice way to display them in their original condition instead.
>>
File: sb2.jpg.cf.jpg (43KB, 618x399px) Image search: [Google]
sb2.jpg.cf.jpg
43KB, 618x399px
>>1200828
>>1202006

This
Don't fuck up his tags.
Do this instead
Retired army here from a military family.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.