[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to build a 'cabin' like thoreau but with some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (4KB, 128x160px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
4KB, 128x160px
I want to build a 'cabin' like thoreau but with some limitations and I basically want to ask about foundations and the integrity/stability of a cabin. It needs to last a year and a half at least, and keep out water etc as it will include books and electronics etc.

Sorry for lack of images - I lack a camera but 4chan demands an image so I've given a pic of Thoreau lazily taken from wikipedia.

The cabin will be build probably atop a small hill on property my family owns, about 100m from the main house. I'm getting more independent but I lack the $$$ to get my own place truly but I need my own simple place for study. Fell for the student meme!

Current build plan will involve some sort of pillar/pile driven into the ground at intervals and then connected with painted (for water resist) pressure-strengthened long planks, with some deck blocks to protect a bit and stabilise my structure. This bit is where I am least confident and may be the most expensive too.
After that cardboard boxes filled with earth will be rammed to make 'bricks' and star-picketed together for the walls, will painted planks for extra stability and warmth, also used to connect to a gable roof of painted wood planks with a ceiling of the same material.

I need your help to point out some of the horrible flaws in this plan and possible solutions. ANY recommendations will be very welcome (though do note my budget is sucky as fricking heck).
>>
Have you considered a shipping container?
>>
If it's only a year then sleep in a fucking car or a canvas tent.
>>
>>1199059
>about 100m from the main house

does your family live in that house? do you live in that house? If so, this is just weird. And if some other family lives in that house it is beyond weird.

Will this place have electricity? Running water? Sewer? Refrigerator? If you run up to the main house every hour it seems a bit precious to have the cabin.
>>
>>1199059
Mad at mommy ? She overcook your tendies ?
Get over it.
>>
Sooooo . . . basically, we got us one of them tiny house threads goin' on here. Already hit the shipping container thing, so that's checked off the list. The next recommendation is gonna be "used RV" of one sort or another. It's all self contained, ready to use, actually practical for use, and you don't have to build the damn thing.
You mentioned this would be short term, this way, when yer done using it, you can sell it and have it towed away. Yer senpai won't be saddled with a poorly built POS rotting away on their property.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.