[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a couple of light fixtures light this in my house (example

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
I have a couple of light fixtures light this in my house (example from google, without the glass dome). They have two bulbs in them that are mounted horizontally and there's some foil on the base of the fixture to reflect some of the light to that goes up back down into the room. I am going to make the switch to LED bulbs and I was thinking I could use a bulb that only has LEDs on one side instead of an omnidirectional bulb. This way, all of the light would go downward. Thing is, I can't seem to find what I need. Does such a bulb exist? What do I need to search for? Is it something I can DIY?
>>
make them mounted vertically
>>
If you found one that has LEDs on only one side, how would you be sure it pointed down?
Those are screw base sockets and the lamps should be firmly tightened.
If it's tight with the LEDs up, what then?
>>
>>1198858
As far as I've seen the short answer is no! As for mounting it vertical that would require a new fixture!
>>
>>1198858
The foil is to reflect heat not light. Of course led bulbs put off no heat virtually. Get regular led bulbs dickhead. Why must you make something difficult
>>
File: 250px-MR-Variations[1].jpg (6KB, 250x147px) Image search: [Google]
250px-MR-Variations[1].jpg
6KB, 250x147px
you could swap your existing bulb vaginas for GU10/MR16 or something LED that points downwards anyway, should be just enough room.
But, as already noted, its retarded, be cheaper/easier buying a new LED ceiling fitting.
>>
>>1198867
>Why must you make something difficult
Where do you think we are?
>>
OP here.
>>1198863
Then they won't fit inside the fixture.
>>1198865
I assume they would make it adjustable. Kind of like with circular CLF bulbs. You can spin the connector around the bulb to match where your wiring is.
>>1198873
They don't make fixtures that match the style of the house, I've looked. I'd have to get something custom made and it would probably cost hundreds of dollars.

So, I guess I will just stick with standard LED A21s I guess.
>>
>>1198889
This isn't the Chinese take out place?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.