[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, I'm trying to make a new plush toy out of felt,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

File: Felt tests.jpg (612KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Felt tests.jpg
612KB, 1632x1224px
Hey /diy/, I'm trying to make a new plush toy out of felt, this time of Aku from Samurai Jack after the new and last season finished. I have the pattern made entirely, but the only colour of felt I cannot find ANYWHERE at all is the mouth.

The closest I've been able to find are these 4 colours (the camera doesn't get the shade just right, both blue and yellow have a very slight green to them and the yellow is fluorescent).

I wanted to ask if you know of any methods to dull the brightness of a colour somehow without affecting the colour itself. I thought of maybe washing two colours together and seeing if they stain but I'm not sure if it's polyster of not as these are regular felt sheets bought at a haberdashery.

Any advice please? I could just take a tiny bit of artistic license but I'd rather I make an accurate plush. Might even make some money off him as I already have 3 friends expressing interest in buying one if it's good enough.
>>
File: color-blind-test-7-24480026.jpg (71KB, 400x403px) Image search: [Google]
color-blind-test-7-24480026.jpg
71KB, 400x403px
>>1198618
>blue and yellow have a very slight green
Serious question: are you color blind? because there is no fucking yellow in your pic.

Also, I would probably suggest dying the brighter one with some dark green dye. Start with some small test scraps, and different dilutions until you get something you like.
>>
File: aaa.jpg (715KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
715KB, 1632x1224px
>>1198710
>felt
>>
>>1198710
>7
I am not colour-blind, no. I did say the camera didn't get the shade just right, it's so slight even in person the colour looks slightly different if in direct light or not. But that is a fluorescent yellow-with-a-hint-of-green for sure.

Would food colouring work? And in water? Just don't want to leave a residue on the felt since it is for a plush toy.
>>1198718
I.. don't get it. Sorry?
>>
File: sponge.jpg (3MB, 3564x2940px) Image search: [Google]
sponge.jpg
3MB, 3564x2940px
Try this... it cuts foams, Sponges etc...

http://kck.st/2sWaYwI
>>
>>1198618
>the mouth
What part is that referring to? The (red) lips? The (beige) teeth? Or the (green) face?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.