[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /diy/ help me identify the white connector on this board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20170624_090449.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170624_090449.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Can /diy/ help me identify the white connector on this board? It's usb, looking to replace the entire cable.
>>
>>1198412
it's not a connector, it's just a plastic frame to hold the pins in the right position to be soldered. you don't need it, just record which pins are what color/go to pins on the usb connector and solder your new cable.
>>
>>1198413
I figured that might be the case. Thanks
>>
>>1198412
>the white connector on this board
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pin_header
>>
File: 381576.jpg (18KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
381576.jpg
18KB, 640x480px
>>1198412
It looks like part of the Molex "spox" series.

Make no mistake OP, it IS a connector. It's probably not worth replacing because the connector and 4 pins are going to run you about a dollar, but the crimp tool to secure the pins on the wire will run you more like $200. Not worth it if this is the only time you will ever use a spox connector.

So, as everyone else is saying, just ghetto rig it. If you are good at soldering, you can cut the plug off the current wire and individually solder the wires on to your new cable, but if you suck at soldering you will end up with worse quality because crappy solder joints will affect the data quality. USB is fairly forgiving though, so I'd say give it a try, just in case you ever need to disconnect it in the future. Otherwise, just solder directly to the pins of the connector on the board like an animal.
>>
>>1198447
>ghetto rig it.
I'm doing that now, hopefully there'll be no shorts with the 4 cables + ground
>>
>>1198447
no way the connector pictured
op's has fingers holding the pins, you can see through to the contacts.
official crimpers are stupid expensive, you can get a cheap set with replaceable jaws that will crimp anything and everything.
>>
>>1198447
>Make no mistake OP, it IS a connector.

it's not a connector since it doesnt disconnect. the only way to pull that is to desolder it.
source: i take a lot of things apart.
>>
>>1198492
Where can you solder to? The whole thing is shrouded in plastic, and it looks like pins on the end of those wires.

OP, is it a connector or not?
>>
>>1198521
The wires crimp into pins, which make a 90* bend to go into the PCB. It is definitely not a connnnector
>>
>>1198521
>>1198528
OP here, it's just a plastic shroud. The pins themselves are soldered onto the board.
I'm soldering the wire together after cutting the part which I suspected to be broken.
>>
>>1198528
>pins
>not a connector
>>
>>1198535
Duely noted. I stand corrected.
>>
>>1198536
It has pins at the bottom, 100%.
>>
Update: my soldering iron's tip is being annoying and won't solder things, will post once finished.
>>
>>1198536
> 555's have pins.
> therefore, 555's are connectors.

Thats how retarded you sound.
>>
It's done, thanks guys
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.