[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi guys, i'm a complete retard. i'm looking for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
hi guys,

i'm a complete retard. i'm looking for a tail light kit where i can do the following, but im not sure what parts i need:

1) i want to mount and left and right tail light on my car
2) that can both be indepently operated from 2 switches i will mount on my radio console area
3) that will be powered from electricity from my cigarette lighter AV plug (run over wires that go to the lights)

i have found a number of light kits and wiring, and i know i need to solder it together, but where can i find a premade switch console??

thanks for any help
>>
that's dumb and probably illegal. now stop being a bad boy and focus on improving yourself rather than being a degenerate
>>
Why not just wire like normal tail lights, but run the ground wire close to the driver where you can switch on/off easy.
>>
>>1198387

i haven't done too much digging in the dashboard but i tried replacing both the turn signal lever assembly and both tail lights. problem still persists (both tail lights don't function at all)

so i want to make my own custom system basically as a failover so that i dont have to rely on any electricity coming from the car's battery/ECU

it's also not illegal bro hahah
>>
>>1198424
The other guy thinks you're making black out lights. As did I at first.

Now I understand your turn signal is not working?
Anything else not working? Perhaps try the looking through the fusebox.

What car is it? Some cars have relays that like to break.
>>
>>1198563

No worries man, thank you for trying to help out at all!! haha. it's much appreciated.

car is a vw 98 cabrio, aka a golf mk3 convertible. I remember buying a replacement fuse and looking at the fuse box diagram and swapping a few ones out, but that didn't change anything either.

The tail light system runs as a circuit from left tail light, to middle tail light, to right tail light. I used to get intermittent function out of them, but they would operate incorrectly. for example, when I would signal left or right or caution, the opposite signal would blink, or the brake lights would flash, or the daytime running lights would go out. reverse bulbs never worked despite being replaced.

Now I've lost all function entirely, which leads me to think that it's something damaged by water that has corroded away further and further.

Strangely enough, almost everything else electric in the car works (radio, power windows, dash lights, etc).

So I am looking for a cheap and slightly more legal fix that will be useful in the future whenever i buy a new clunker body with minimal electric haah

thanks again dude
>>
good news everyone, I ended up not having to run new wiring ^.^ believe it or not, the power wire running to the driver side tail light was corroded at the connection between the wiring harness and the tail light circuit board.

some brake cleaner and sandpaper later, and now the whole circuit works ^.^
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.