[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/, /mu/ here. I'm making fast, dirty custom band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: leather-black-metal-patch-jacket.jpg (645KB, 2398x1407px) Image search: [Google]
leather-black-metal-patch-jacket.jpg
645KB, 2398x1407px
Hey /diy/, /mu/ here. I'm making fast, dirty custom band patches for a battle jacket and I need to know the best type/brand of paint to use on denim.

Same people say specific brands, some people just say any acrylic as long as you heat-treat it. Other people complain about acrylic because it feels too stiff, but I don't particularly care as long as it's durable.

Planning for it to be white on black stuff like pic related.

Got any advice?
>>
I'd say buy a few different types of spray cans and try them out. I think some sort of a stencil and spray painting over it is the easiest method.

I don't know how much the stiffness affects anything as, to my understanding, patches are relatively small and tend to be on flatter surfaces. If stiffness is an issue, you could try dyes or bleaches on denim. I think any substance that would get absorbed by the fabric would work but the end result would be less detailed.
>>
>>1198051

If you're looking for it to last, heat treated acrylic is the way to go. Go the extra step and buy Fray Check to go over it once you've heat treated. If you only hand wash it'll last damn near forever.
>>
>>1198051

dont, if you're going to look fucking retarded. unless you're 15, in which case you're cringe.

either way, stop being a degenerate and dress properly
>>
>>1198051
I dont understand what you're asking. Do you want to make patches? Which will cost you literally dollars in materials to start. Or are you trying to paint on a "patch"? That's dumb. I won't even elaborate on that.
>>
>>1198051
Do people wear these things on a regular basis out in public or is it more just for concerts and shows?
>>
There's a surpringly large number of metalheads on Tumblr, I've seen more than a few guides on painting jackets while looking for leatherworking ideas. Don't know what you'd search for though.
>>1200763
Cringe is a verb, not a noun or an adjective. Don't lecture on age and degeneracy when you're spouting ebin rebbit buzzwords on fucking 4chan.
>>1200821
Depends on the local scene, really. Around here you're more likely to see crust punks wearing them in public than metal folks.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.