[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey does anyone have good homebrew recipes for ultrasonic cleaners?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: $_32.jpg (42KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
42KB, 800x618px
Hey does anyone have good homebrew recipes for ultrasonic cleaners?

(Must be safe on steel and brass, and be safe to be left in the stainless tub of the ultrasonic cleaner itself)
>>
>>1197541
Isn't there just a specific vibration motor in there?
>>
>>1197573
Sorry, I meant ultrasonic cleaner solution.
>>
>>1197541
you just use any cleaner for whatever material, it doesn't have to be magic ultrasonic fluid
>>
>>1197541
I use diluted Simple Green - it seems to work as well as the 'medical grade' stuff that came with my unit (which was used to clean surgical equipment).

Also try using preheated water if your tank doesn't have a heater. It makes a big difference.
>>
Actually I should have mentioned. What is the best detergent/solvent for burned on carbon? I've tried simple green and dawn and they aren't as effective as they should be.
>>
>>1197741
Carbon can be a bitch. I've used Pine-Sol for soaking heavily carboned parts but I hit them with a wire brush to thin the layer first. My motorcycle mechbro loves it after I turned him on to Pine-Sol (not generic pine oil) and gets great results with his cheap vibratory cleaner.

Oven cleaner will work great on carbon but can discolor or corrode aluminum. I don't use the vibrator cleaner with oven cleaner. You can leave it overnight or longer. I save old toothbrushes for agitating carbon etc.

You should check on firearm forums or google home made gun cleaning solvents.

This works well though I've not used it with a vibratory cleaner yet.

http://www.handloads.com/articles/?id=9

You can get pretty close to most commercial cleaners by googling their Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) then bringing that list to your hardware store.

I'd only use flammable cleaners in a vibratory tank outdoors away from structures
>>
old school clockmaker solution
>1 liter isoproply alcohol (99%)
>50g oxalic acid
>3 liters distilled water
>60g oleic acid
>ammonia 25% solution

get the water and alcohol warm, mix oxalic acid into alcohol, add the water, add the oleic and mix.

now add ammonia a bit at a time mixing well, until the solution turns clear. takes about 100g.

safe for steel and brass
>>
>>1198121
are you trying to gas me?
>>
>>1198121
you should do the ammonia mixing outside, but once it saponifies the oleic acid in the solution it's quite low odor.
>>
Also a trick that a jeweler taught me, just a glass mason jar to put chemicals in and keep the tank just water. You still get the ultrasonic cleaning without parts that will corrode the machine.
>>
>>1197541
I'm a jeweler. If you are hell bent on not ordering ultrasonic cleaner online, Dawn soap and distilled water.

Orange works best
>>
>>1199423
Reloader here.

Dawn soap and distilled is my goto.

For bad carbon i use purple power
>>
>>1199419
That's fucking genius!
>>
>>1198121
what's the point of using 99% isopropynol if you're going to add a shitload of water to it anyway
>>
>>1199419
What container material is optimal? I remember reading that softer materials like plastic will absorb the waves to extent.
>>
>>1200340
So that there's one liter of isopropanol in the mixture. You can use 80% or whatever stuff if you adjust the amount of water accordingly.
>>
>>1201869
I can't see ultrasonic working through solid containers of any sort. I have heard of good results from putting cleaning solution and the object to be cleaned in a ziplock bag and putting that in the ultrasonic tub.
>>
>>1203256
It's pretty common to use glass beakers in ultrasonic cleaners where I work.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.