[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a new start switch for my dryer. Unfortunately, I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 212D1094P002 3.jpg (171KB, 685x514px) Image search: [Google]
212D1094P002 3.jpg
171KB, 685x514px
I need a new start switch for my dryer. Unfortunately, I can only find the exact part on some Mexican website for over $70. Do I have to use the exact same switch? If not, how can I tell if another switch will work?
>>
Just know how this thing work and then u can say it by yourself
>>
>>1197261
>>1197261
Lol, it's just a regular switch. It either turns, makes a connection, then goes back to it's off state (a momentary switch),
Or it turns and stays on until you turn it back (like a light switch). It's rated for 1/2 hp (about 10 amps).

There are tons and tons of options once you find out if it's momentary or not. You may have to drill out the mount hole for a push button style. Let me know if it's momentary or not.
>>
>>1197261
Ohh, and please post the model or schematic if you have it. You didn't even post the model number of the switch you dick. It was hard to read that number.
>>
>>1197261
Looks like a 4 position rotary switch.

The tab on the left is likely the ground, and the 4 tabs are your options. If I'm reading the picture correctly it looks like it is a 10a switch at 125vac

Maybe one of these?
https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Electrolux-Washing-Machine-Temperature-Switch/134409000/1156817?ss=a11b10i2610&mr=0

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Electrolux-Washing-Machine-Temperature-Switch/134406000/1154762?ss=a11b10i2610&mr=0
>>
Looks like a ge switch. Post model number. Most of the new ones are 3 tabs on the back but wouldn't surprise me to get an old one with 4. I do appliance repair.. they do a lot of stupid shit like that.. most likely the newer version switch will require you to connect to common wires off the old one together on one terminal.. post the model number and I can work it out.. pic related is general ge start switch with 3 terminals...

They want like 8$ plus shipping for it
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge-rotary-start-switch-we4m519-ap4980910.html
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.