[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to create a vacuum chamber, with a chamber that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

I'm trying to create a vacuum chamber, with a chamber that doesn't have a perfect seal and I can't replace it. Using a small pump, I need to maintain a vacuum of about 20 mmhg, accurate within about 5 mmhg (15 to 25 mmhg) at a given time.

I'd prefer it if I could rig a regulator of some kind to control the power of the pump. The only thing I can think is to create a regulator out of a syringe, rigged to a linear potentiometer that powers the pump, but I'd like some suggestions before I try anything.
>>
>>1196779
This is usually done by using a valve to throttle the pump line or bleeding air or some gas into the chamber or both.
>>
>>1196783
Yeah, but that's pretty energy inefficient. The chamber leaks very slowly, so there's not much of a point to leaving the pump on non-stop.
>>
>>1196779
So fix the fucking seal you mongoloid. Jesus Christ...
>>
>>1196779
Will your pump even get to hard vacuum? Does it even matter to just leave it running? Is it a shit pump with a shit duty-cycle?
>>
>>1196792
It's not something that can be fixed. I'm not explaining the entire setup, because I can't, but some leakage is common with use.
>>
just suck the leakage out with a straw
>>
>>1196795
20 torr is a pretty low to medium vacuum (0.375 psi)

id try a differential pressure sensor like a mpx5000 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Freescale-Semiconductors-Pressure-Sensor-MADE-in-SOUTH-KOREA-/401307928144?var=&hash=item5d6fd10650:m:mvjXjW7XaIgVgqGNeQSibew

and have either a analog circuit to have it kick on and off at your levels or a microcontroller to have more control/logging
>>
>>1196796

it sounds like you are incompetent and someone is unfortunately paying you for the privilege.
>>
>>1196796
>I'm not explaining the entire setup, because I can't,
It's all super secret intellectual property, if he told us where the rubber gasket was broken we would know the project details and beat him to the patent rights.
>>
>>1197151
>>1197157
You have no idea how hard it is to operate these centrifuges. In any case it is pretty hard to get spare parts in Iran.
>>
>>1197229
>it's hard to get spare parts in Iran
>I know, I'll ask the internet how to use five or six different parts to get around replacing one made of a common material that can on some systems even be cut by hand
>>
>>1197229
>Iran
>vacuum centrifuge project
>Can't talk about it

You're enriching uranium and asking 4chan for help?
>>
>>1196779
Try silicone or something op. U really need it to seal
>>
>>1197248
>>1197271
Haha, no I was just joking. Good to see though that you caught my drift. I mean, how could I resist?

I read how Iranians in the US always call themselves Persians since that is associated with cute fluffy cats, whereas with Iran people suspect them of enriching uranium in the garage.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19751370
>If you say, 'I'm Iranian,' people think you're enriching uranium in your garage!
Sara , Second-generation Iranian

OP mentioned the problem is the seal, not the chamber and the only plausible reason for that is that the seal is rotating. Thus my interpretation.
>>
File: roboto.jpg (45KB, 387x553px) Image search: [Google]
roboto.jpg
45KB, 387x553px
>>1196779
>OPs secret "science project"
>>
>>1196796
If its a properly designed vacuum vessel, it is leaking cause something is fucked up. Stop being a mong and just fix the damn leak. Get some god damn rtv if you have to. We use it to patch leaks at work sometimes, pulling more vac on fairly large vessels. It really shouldn't be difficult at all. You just suck.
>>
>>1197138
It didn't seem to me like he wanted to do it right so I didnt bother trying... That would be a good setup though.
>>
>>1196779
Have you tried fucking around with altimeters? If you can get one working at your pressures and with arduino you can controll a relay to turn the pump on and off.

Real digital vacuum gauges are not cheap.
>>
Wipe the sealing surface with some clear RTV then let cure overnight. Use chamber. You can peel off old RTV then re-spooge it as many times as you like.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.