[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /diy/, I have a incipient proyect to build a laser with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: images (3).jpg (30KB, 475x309px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
30KB, 475x309px
Hello /diy/, I have a incipient proyect to build a laser with enough power to blow tires, problem is, I suck at optics and can't find a way to amke the damn thing work, got a deccent enough power source and I use some lenses to focus the ray, but it's not working, I don't care if it takes 1-10 minutes of focusing fire on the point to snap the tire, bit I'm sick with my own design.
Anyone care to share another one, so I can follow steps and ideas to solve my problem.
>>
File: IMG_2897.jpg (37KB, 469x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2897.jpg
37KB, 469x314px
Last night I dreamed about a world where /pol/ was filled with people older then 18 and /k/ only talked about hunting and /out/ about fly fishing, and where /ck/ was only interested in BBQ recipes and /fit/ wasn't full of gymfags rather it was full of runners and boxers while /o/ only talked about pickups and best of all /diy/ focused on actual diy shit, like building decks and making flag poles.

Too bad it was only a dream.
>>
>>1196465
I'm sorry people want to make stuff out of your comfort zone, but on the bright side you got a monopoly on table making and screwing wood on this thread if that makes you feel better.
>>
>>1196478
>Out of my comfort zone
You mean they're pussys who don't know what's good?!
>>
>>1196482
No, I meant you are trying to catch human inventive and ingenuity to what you think must be in each drawer.
I'm calling you square minded.
>>
>>1196483
SQUARE MINDED?!!! I'll have you know I sometimes wear 2 pairs of socks, who the fucks square minded now?!
>>
>>1196485
I will have you know socks tend to be squared at the end, so you are at the very least square feeted.
>>
File: IMG_2792.jpg (37KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2792.jpg
37KB, 641x530px
>>1196487
My woolen norsewears have been jewing me all along.
>>
>>1196465
>18 and /k/ only talked about hunting

Fuck you, we talk about military equipment and strategy too. Not to mention target shooting and the competitive shooting sports.

We're always watching, remember that.
>>
>>1196508
God I wish there was a military board, /k/ should be a hunting board, hell a fishing board as well.
>>
Incipient laser proyects are why I come to diy. Would someone please tell the anon how to build his laser? Those tires ain't gonna pop themselves.
>>
File: skeet club.png (813KB, 576x642px) Image search: [Google]
skeet club.png
813KB, 576x642px
>>1196509
Nope.
>>
>I suck at optics

Well you suck at describing problems too.
>>
>>1196463
Have you even googled for 'CO2 laser' yet? What you want to do is trivial.
>>
>>1196525
I meant that the most probable failure in the device is on the lenses, which O might have badly positioned, or badly thought.
>>
>>1196465
Wow so you had a liberal pussy dream?
Sorry we can't all be faggot cucks full passivity and estrogen.
>>
>>1196509
/k/ is about weapons. Not Fudd passtimes.
>>
Lrn2google you fucking fagget. http://www.wickedlasers.com/arctic

Fuck the autism on this board is astounding.
>>
>>1197112
That post sounds like the opposite of what you just said... Your lack of reading comprehension may have something to do with your poor attitude. People who say 'cuck' in every post need to get their dads to ease up on the beatings, and embrace their love of cock.
>>
>>1196463
>I use some lenses to focus the ray
what laser are you using?
what is the shape of the output beam?

light is either converging (beam gets smaller with distance) or diverging (beam gets bigger) or collumated (parallel).

lenses all have a focal distance which is given collumated light in one end the distance of the focus on the other side.

what you probably want is a doublet, two lenses sharing the axis of transmission, a convex lens to focus down to a small point and a concave to collumate the beam allowing you to target objects at various distances.
>>
>>1196465
>Last night I dreamed about a world where
Instead we have

>/pol/ was filled with people older then 18
genocidal nuts bent on ethnic cleansing

>and /k/ only talked about hunting
weapon fetishists that thankfully hardly ever leave the basement

>and /out/ about fly fishing, and where /ck/ was only interested in BBQ recipes
what is /ck/ about cannibals?

and /fit/ wasn't full of gymfags rather it was full of runners and boxers while /o/ only talked about pickups and best of all /diy/ focused on actual diy shit, like building decks and making flag poles.

and /diy/ is full of bunker fetishists desiring shipping containers.

Weirs stuff but occasionally there are some gems.

>>1196508
>we talk about military equipment and strategy too
Hahaha. You can tell most have never served and you would have to be deep into WWIII before any of them would be called up.

>>1196463
>to build a laser with enough power to blow tires
I agree with others here that a CO2 laser will probably do the trick. these babies can burn asbestos so I really hope you know how to handle high voltage and invisible rays of death. One of my professors with decades of experience had an accident. He was lucky to just have his white shirt destroyed but he sure let out a scream when the beam burned through the cotton.
>>
>>1196508
>We're always watching, remember that.

fuck you and suck my cock, you can't do shit and that faggot ass /k/ board where no one can fire worth a shit scares no one.

fuck me in the ass
>>
Why not just use a nail? Heck of a lot easier.

Also a lot less noticeable than whatever you'd have to build to actually punch through a tire.
>>
>>1196463
Like someone else said: google CO2 laser tube, 1000w should do the tires in the 10min you specified.
>>
>>1196465
>/k/ only talked about hunting
dont be a fudd anon
>>
Before You start a laser project, go to the pharmacy and buy an eye patch.
Put it over the eye you WANT to keep and then begin your project.
>>
>>1196463
>I use some lenses
You sure do.
So... what wavelength laser? Are you using lenses that will actually transmit that wavelength?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.