[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my dad has a fiberglass ladder that gives you slivers when you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

my dad has a fiberglass ladder that gives you slivers when you use it. what should I put on it to stop this? theres not structural damage or problems, and i dont give a fuck what OSHA has to say.
>>
>>1195990
http://www.rainbowtech.net/products/view.php?cn=3870

Dunno how to order this shit for the small timer, but my shop used to order it so we could repair our own ladders.

Some guys milked their ladder repairs for an all day job though and they decided they would rather just order new ladders, so they stopped letting us order it.
>>
>>1195991
Otherwise you could probably just use some fiberglass clearcoat stuff used in normal fiberglass work which I don't really know the right terms for.
>>
Sell it and get an aluminium ladder. Gorrila probably makes the best ladder for the money.
>>
File: i-h47tZjq-L.jpg (80KB, 799x450px) Image search: [Google]
i-h47tZjq-L.jpg
80KB, 799x450px
>>1195990
Fibreglass resin. Available at just about any auto parts store. >Pic related.

Clean the ladder up (acetone, you want that shit *clean*), mask off EVERYTHING you don't want resin on.

I'd probably set the ladder on one side, do one side, then once it's cured do the other.

Clean/mask the side of the ladder. Drop cloth where you're working. Gloves and eye pro with ratty clothes in a ventilated area. That resin fucking sucks to work with.
Mix a small batch of the resin, paint it on with a brush. Clean up your tools, let that half sit overnight. Repeat with the other side the next day.
>>
>>1196023
Not legal for electricians in my country.
>>
>>1196028
Makes sense. Maybe try wearing gloves.
>>
>>1196025
>Fibreglass resin
yep
>>
>>1195990
Replace it with a ladder made out of something that isn't retarded.
>>
>>1195991

>http://www.rainbowtech.net/products/view.php?cn=3870

Is this really going to be much different from acrylic paint cans for cars (which are dirt cheap).
>>
>>1195990
wrap it in aluminium foil
>>
>>1196033
Yeah never mind the structural integrity of the ladder as all the bits fall off, that's not the problem here!

>>1196040
Can't use any parts of you then.
Fibreglass is the ideal step ladder.
>>
>>1195990
Cheap guy here. Paint it with a brush.
>>
sand it starting with 160 grit working in steps until youre using 400 grit. After that pick ladder up and toss in a dumpster or sell on CL for 600 bucks
>>
Could just use duct tape in the areas you commonly put your hands.
>>
>>119633
This doesn't work great. In a few years the whole ladder is tossing up clouds of fiber when you throw it around.

>>1196111
>structural damage
Yeah naw, it's fine. You should be inspecting it periodically for cracks but usually you need to fuck up and drop it bad. T. Have like 30 20 year old 28' extension ladders at work that are all fine except they need new finish like fiberglass bro recommended.
>>
>>1196025
Gelcoat is what you are looking for.
>>
>>1195990
He'll coat and a brush
>>
>>1195990
Gel. Jesus>>1196723
>>
>>1195990
Toon-Brite PA1000 Protective Clear-Coat
>>
>>1195990
Is there a reason you can't use that truckbed liner rubber coat spray? kind of like tool dip but less flexible as far as I can tell.
>>
>>1196025
get dollar store brushes and/or rollers and just throw them between uses. most don't use rubber or paint because the fibre-glass needs to BREATH to help prevent it from disintegrating/breaking down. Adding more resin once in a while is literally readhearing your fibreglass ladder and reinforcing it. Aluminum ladders will eventually rust/anodize into a green pile, wood will desicate and dry out unless reoiled/treated, steel rusts, titanium will last forever but was thrown to the wayside so the soviets could have all the crowbars they'll need for any revolutions.
>>
>>1195990
Tell you what, op. I have a few bad 'gloss' ladders at work and I was wondering my self if epoxy coatings might be the answer. I'll try some ideas in this thread and see what happens.
In my experience though, once a ladder has had enough wear/uv damage that the glass is becoming exposed, it's time for a new ladder.
>I'm not cheap tho, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.