[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the easiest way to exhaust 2000w of computer heat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 20140316_221908.jpg (219KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
20140316_221908.jpg
219KB, 800x600px
What would be the easiest way to exhaust 2000w of computer heat out the Window?

My ideas so far:
-Buy a modular storage shelf and create an outer shell out of cardboard. Fit cardboard with exhaust tube. Cardboard is super easy to work with.

-Chop up a plastic bin like pic related

-build a wooden enclosure using bookshelf parts. Need to find wood that's easy to work with because I only have a hand saw and a dremel.
>>
>>1195482
This is the shelf. I already own one and it's stackable.
>>
>>1195483
>>
>>1195482
do you care about your homes AC efficiency? if not, fans suck inside air in, cool, blow air out vent in wall. like a dryer does.

if you care about efficiency, pump liquid over components, transfer tubes to radiator outside. you could take it as far as needed, and cool to whatever temp you want with some ingenuity.
>>
>>1195482
replace a window with clear plastic and cut a hole for a grommet to hold your tubing.

put some kind of insulation over the plastic if you are worried about thermal transfer.
>>
>>1195482
Stop wasting your parents' money to get pennies on the dollar mining buttcoin.
>>
>>1195482
Are you running that off two circuits? Is it a 2000 watt "peak" supply actually using much less than that most of the time? A standard U.S. outlet is limited to about 1800 watts.
>>
>>1195482
crack the window open
keep the computer outside
run cables through the window
>>
Passive Geothermal heatsink water cooling loop
>>
>>1195482
>Enclose heat source in insulated box
>Attach dryer hose to the box and stick the other end out the window
>Make sure you have a strong enough fan drawing hot air through the hose
>>
>>1196144
Came to post this.
>>
File: 41SdwRkOa4L._SX450_.jpg (26KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
41SdwRkOa4L._SX450_.jpg
26KB, 450x410px
>>1195482

Correct answer is air to air heat exchanger.
That way you get fresh hot air back in your house :P
>>
>That way you get fresh hot air back in your house :P

that's silly, the guy wants to get rid of heat, not re-use it.
>>
>>1195482
Build a simple shed and put the computer outside
>>
>>1195482
You're putting out around 6,500btu/hr with that, just get a window ac unit.

Protip: those cards are likely rated for 150w tdp, you can find btu/hr using intel's calculation.
>>
>>1195482
Copper water cooling loop in computer
Feed from cold water service
Drain into sewer via hose through window
Not the cheapest if your water is metered
>>
>>1195482
>2000W of computer heat
first of all you're not generating 2000W of heat
second of all, I'm pretty sure you've never turned this thing on, because you would immediately trip the breaker on any normal home in the US.
>>
>>1196683

>going through the expense and hassle of setting up most of a cooling loop
>just wasting water instead of using a radiator

Really, nigger?
>>
>>1196918
Also, plastic tub design is total shit.
You know they make GPUs that are specifically designed to exhaust out the back? They're called blower fans and all reference GPUs have them.
Just use reference GPUs and don't bother with any fans. The only reason you should need additional fans is if the air from the box isn't reaching the outside.
>>
>>1196918
He's obviously got a 10,000W power supply that replaced his electric range.
>>
is that a bitcoin miner?

you do know that its nearly impossible to mine a bitcoin anymore, don't you?
>>
>>1197211
Ethereum, not bitcoin.
>>
>>1195482
Jam it into a mini fridge
>>
>>1197260
C O N D E N S A T I O N
>>
>>1197274
Nah, more like the compressor in the mini fridge dies because it wasn't made to run at 100% duty cycle forever.
>>
>>1198010
mineral oil bath, with circulator pump, then jamb it into a deep freezer.
>>
>>1196918
>he doesnt have 240v 60amp dedicated circuits for his server closet.
Get destroyed looser.
>>
>>1198090
>looser
kys
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.