[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>light switch flickering >take off cover >find pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20170617_212129.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170617_212129.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>light switch flickering
>take off cover
>find pic related
Is my wall full of stink bugs? Why would they congregate there? What do?
>>
>>1195409
Burn it all down
>>
>>1195409
you rent but, r-right..?
>>
File: screaming inside reflection.jpg (99KB, 940x733px) Image search: [Google]
screaming inside reflection.jpg
99KB, 940x733px
>>1195409
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>1195409
Google repellants for them.. maybe clean out a shopvac and use it to suck them out? Don't think you want to go crushing those... check other outlets.. consider calling an exterminator... no clue why they congregate there.. best guess is that it's quiet and dark and warm.... like your bed
>>
try the diy trap where you invert a 2 liter bottle top and put a battery led light in the bottom of the bottle. darken the room and let those dumb fuks trap themselves.
Repeat as necessary.
>>
>>1195409
>Why would they congregate there?

Moisture maybe? Stink bugs won't make lights flicker but moisture/corrosion will. Bugs are a symptom, not a cause. Thank them for showing you the problem.
>>
>>1195412
It's "But you rent, right?" Or "You rent though, right?" But doesn't work there
>>
>>1195409
How did they even get in there lol
>>
>>1195409
They like that space due to old switches generating heat and thats why the flickering you see, not because they are geting shock.Change those by 20 amps switches instead of 15. just because the wire its 14 gauge and just is permited to handle 15 amps doesn't mean you just have to use 15 amps switches and outlets.
>>
>>1195472
Those fuckers love darkness, what make you think they are like the retard regular bugs out there.
>>
>>1195409
They come in in the fall to hibernate like those Asiatic lady beetles. You can open something up and find 1000s of them. I used caulking to seal up my place 100%, replaced weather stripping on doors and windows, and made sure all the outlet boxes were sealed up too. I think I used about $200 in caulking and Great Stuff expanding foam insulation. It is also very weatherized now, so I have a ton on heating/cooling bills/fuel.
>>
you need to bomb the whole house. if they are congregating in an electrical box, they have set up shop in the walls.
>>
>>1195708
>but=but
not only is it colloquial vernacular from both a native and direct descendant of the inventors of the goddamn language, it i also proper grammatical, you fucking Mexican.
see: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=632052
tldr; its fairly common in Scotland/Australia, maybe an argument that is localised usage, but as such, not 'incorrect'. so, I'll stuck my but where I goddamn like, and no buts about it. I cant even see why it would look odd to someone, unless autistic sperg, it 'works fine' IMO - but then again, I'm used to it.
>>
>>1195700
Electrical outlets put off a non-trivial amount of heat. It's much more likely that they're attracted to the heat than anon having moisture in his outlet. Roaches love to hang out in outlets as well. I've seen some roaches in computers and consoles that I've repaired as well.

The only way to prevent it is to find where they're coming into the house, or seal the cover to the electrical outlets with silicone.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (14KB, 220x258px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
14KB, 220x258px
>>1196152
>Gingernigger or abbo calling someone Mexican pejoratively
Keking subhumans.
>>
>>1196163
>Mexicans aren't subhuman
>>
>>1196152
You sound like a retard.
>>
File: 2017-01-24-10-33-12-1576031202.jpg (6KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-24-10-33-12-1576031202.jpg
6KB, 205x246px
>>1196164
They're all subhumans, along with illiterates.
>>
>>1196165
oh look, Oscar fucking Wilde has joined us.
any further wit, wisdom and insight to share, or, was this a particular highlight?
>You sound retard, duh
don't do fucking irony much either, ah see.
>>
>>1196152
>it i also proper grammatical, you
Indeed.
>>
>>1195409
eat them
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/eat-your-stinkbugs
>>
Step 1: cut hole in drywall
Step 2: throw bug bomb in
Step 3: problem solved, patch it up and call it a day
>>
Brown marmorated stink bug. Native to japan. Invasive FUCKING SHITTY species.

They hibernate in winter and find warmer spots than exposed air. They wiggle under siding and sometimes follow the warmth into houses.

Regularly apply perimeter insecticide around your house to keep them from getting in. In fall, when they'll be loitering around your house, rub dryer sheets on the window screens to at least keep them away from that part of your house.
>>
>>1196615
no thanks, I'm white
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.