[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get a little servo motor to push the button on my kettle.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: CHIP TALK.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
CHIP TALK.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I want to get a little servo motor to push the button on my kettle. Gonna hook it up to a TI MSP430, and a power source with a little mini breadboard, and cover it in plastic. Total NigRig.
What do I need to buy?

I think a stepper motor will draw too much power.
>>
Seems like it could easily become fail-deadly. Even if your own thinks works perfectly, I wouldn't trust the kettle's own auto-shutoff. It really shouldn't be left unwatched.
>>
>>1194566
i just want to do it from the other room is all, but thanks for the concern anon
>>
>>1194552
>using a kettle
real men microwave their water
>>
>>1194552
Why use a servo motor when you just can wire a relay in parallel to the button? Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>1194679
it's actually a lever with very little push resistance.

the bigger part of the project is hooking it up to wifi, so i just want to push the button
>>
>>1194650
UK kettles are more powerful than U.S. microwaves.
>>
>>1194552
I made something like this Using a Raspberry pi
Do you want a basic parts list?
>>
>>1194552
now, to make it fully viable you will also need a way to refill the kettle remotely
>>
>>1195212
yes please, specifically the servo or motor
>>
File: 1497707271950.jpg (119KB, 821x630px) Image search: [Google]
1497707271950.jpg
119KB, 821x630px
>>1194552
jut get on of these
>>
>>1195387
no, i want to make that
>>
>>1194802
You're using a wifi controler to switch a relay to power a servo to press a button that actuates a switch which turns on the kettle

You could just use a wifi controller to activate a relay which turns on the kettle.

I ask again, are you mentally deficient?
>>
>>1195633
He wants to make a Rube Goldberg machine.
>>
>>1195633
I think they want to be able to continue using it normally too. If it's like mine, the switch locks on without power, so they could leave it in the on position and use a relay. Motor is dum.
>>
If you insist on making this overly complicated for no good raisin, why not use an old optical drive to push the lever? It has its own return logic.
>>
>>1195636
That's why you wire the relay in parralel with the physical switch.

Add a 20c thermal fuse in case the timer fails.
>>
>>1195637

http://thedailywtf.com/articles/Open-Sesame
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.