[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm making a table out of wood and angle iron. My plan is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: product3.jpg (15KB, 370x250px) Image search: [Google]
product3.jpg
15KB, 370x250px
I'm making a table out of wood and angle iron. My plan is to make the surface out of wood, and router out the edges so that a flat side of the angle iron sits on top and flush with the wood, giving it a frame.

I'm not quite sure how to attach the wood surface beneath the frame though

I don't want to use hardware, as I'd like it to be seamless.

Right now I have some flat bar I can weld to the inside of the frame to support the wood, but i'm interested in other ideas

Is there a glue that will bond metal to wood securely?
>>
>>1194390
you could make it removable with some keyholes drilled in the steel and some screws partially screwed in
>>
>>1194399
so you slide the board to secure it
>>
Turn the iron over, so the lip is on the bottom. Then the top can rest there.

If you really want the iron to cover the edge of your table top, use U channel and make one short side removable.
>>
NO FAGGIT TABLES, ONLY WOOD!!
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.