[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a locking impact swivel joint. Instead of the little button

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IPM80A.jpg (48KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
IPM80A.jpg
48KB, 312x500px
I have a locking impact swivel joint. Instead of the little button that puts up a little resistance to the socket coming off, this one has an actual tab that locks in place. It's supposed to be used on impact sockets that have a little receiver hole in them, and you push a screwdriver or something down in the hole to unlock the tab to take it off.

Some idiot had access to my toolbox and I wasn't watching him closely, so the first thing he did is take a chrome socket (that don't have retaining holes in them) and put it on this joint.

Now I can't get the fucking socket off the joint, any ideas?
>>
>>1194099
This has to happen a fair amount. Does the manufacturers website or forums have a guide to correcting the problem?
>>
>>1194099
Have you tried leveraging between the ratchet side of the swivel and the socket itself? Basically putting a screwdriver, or whatever, on top of the cylindrical part and pulling up against the socket.
>>
>>1194099
stick it in a vice, pound a flathead in there and pry. Sounds like a POS though. Consider grinding it down or getting a new one.
>>
>>1194108
Yeah, I'm thinking that the socket itself has a ledge inside intended to put up some resistance for the regular ball retainer things most everything uses, and it's caught on that.

Really pisses me off because it would be quite a bit of work to even get the goddamn socket on it, he'd had to actually depress the locking tab and force the socket on, should give him a fucking clue with how much work it took just to get it on.

of course he's like, "Oh...well it just slid on, I didn't know."

I might have to end up just destroying my own socket...
>>
File: BALL-JOINT-FORK.jpg (68KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BALL-JOINT-FORK.jpg
68KB, 1200x1200px
>>1194099
c'mon step it up
>>
>>1194099
Had this problem before with something. I think in the end it was just brute force and a vice that got it off. You could try shimming it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.