[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any plumbers out there have any idea what this thing is? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: thinger.jpg (1MB, 2359x3167px) Image search: [Google]
thinger.jpg
1MB, 2359x3167px
Any plumbers out there have any idea what this thing is?
I'm pretty sure there's a blockage in our toilet, and I tried plunging it, but the rubber seal on this thing is broken, and I'm unable to get any decent suction on the toilet bowl because air just comes through this broken seal.
What the fuck is this thing, I assume it's some sort of trap, and would I be able to get a replacement cap for it?
>>
it's probably a blanking cap. it should be just a blanking cap.
but if your house was built by crackheads it's an air admittance valve.
>>
File: no cap.jpg (931KB, 2130x2870px) Image search: [Google]
no cap.jpg
931KB, 2130x2870px
>>1193961
This is the outlet, port, whatever, with the cap removed
>>
File: cap.jpg (1MB, 2335x2839px) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
1MB, 2335x2839px
>>1193969
And the inside of the cap.
>>
>>1193946
Not a plumber. And that looks Euro, but here's my guess:

It's a cleanout. Open the top and run a snake down the pipe or back into the bowl to push clog out.

If the cap is leaking air, that could interfere with the flush operation even without a clog. Replacement cap should be available.
>>
>>1194038
But what is the thing called? It's definitely leaking air, but I don't know what it's called so I can inquire to replacement parts.
>>
If you have a blockage in your toilet how are you getting air blowing out downstream?
>>
>>1194057
I use the plunger in the main hole, but the hole highlighted by the various pictures is open, so I can't get nearly enough suction to unlodge any type of blockage.
>>
>>1194060
The main hole? As in not the toilet?
>>
>>1194116
No, the toilet is the main hole, but there's some other hole out the back of the toilet, that's the problem, and the point I don't understand.
>>
>>1194118

it looks like a clean out... and if it's leaking air it's also leaking noxious sewer gases. do you live in a third world shit hole?
>>
>>1194054
it's called "rubber cap". just measure it and get a new one the same size. they sell them at all hardware stores with plumbing stuff. put a little plumbers putty or something on it to make up for the shit design so it seals better.
>>
>>1194118
What happens when you dump water from a bucket down the hole with the cap?

If the water doesn't back up that'll confirm the issue is in the toilet. I just keep thinking if air is getting through then you don't actually have a blockage in the toilet. If water backs up in the hole with the cap your best bet is to get a snake, even a new rubber cap will blow off if the pressure needed to dislodge the blockage is great enough.
>>
File: RUBBER TEST PLUG WITH WING NUT.jpg (8KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
RUBBER TEST PLUG WITH WING NUT.jpg
8KB, 210x210px
>>1194054
>But what is the thing called?
rubber plug/cap

measure inside diameter
go to hardware store and find similar size of pic related
tighten wing nut
no air loss - no popping off
>>
There are a couple of fittings you could use, we call that an IO (inspection opening) where im from just fyi.

Take the old rubber cap/plug to your hardware joint to size a replacement easy done. Stick to rubber inserts or o ring pvc type shit cause if you crack your ceramic using expandable stoppers then some plumber will see dollar signs and rightfully so.

Failing all else obtain a 150 to 100 tapered quickplumb , slap that shit on your porcelain riser then use a short like a 70mm length of 100mm dia pvc with a cap and youre done.

Yt. Apprentice plumber
>>
>>1194147
Be careful when using plumber's putty with rubber, I've heard before the oil in it can mess up the rubber.

>>1194251
I wouldn't want to tighten an expanding plug inside a ceramic tube. Seems like it would be likely to split.
>>
>>1194865
>Seems like it would be likely to split.

another one with no sense of moderation
>>
>>1194861
>>1193946

where do you guys live?

I thought I was looking at plastic pipe - just blew it up and realized...

WTF am I looking at? Part of the toilet?
>>
>>1193969
>>1193946
that's a pretty filthy looking toilet desu
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.