[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently had the realisation that im an adult with adult money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bigdickdaddyrod.jpg (160KB, 782x858px) Image search: [Google]
bigdickdaddyrod.jpg
160KB, 782x858px
I recently had the realisation that im an adult with adult money and enough DIY skills to make many of the things i wanted as a kid, so i thought id make the millennium rod.

I dont want to make a costume prop out of wood or clay, but i want to make it as accurate as possible complete with hidden stabby stabby parts.

What would be the best way to make this? the two methods i've thought of are carving it out of wax and casting it in brass, or welding it together out of steel and plating it with brass using the brass brush method.

The problems im facing with each method are that i dont know how well the sheathed part would do with the cast method and for the welding id have to buy a welder.

Advice?
>>
>>1193333
My first thought would be to use a combination of casting and store bought tubing (combined with welds? Glue? No idea). That way you can get the shapes you want (casting) and still give the hidden spike a good thread.
>>
>>1193333
Do you look the part?
>>
>>1193333
10/10 buy the welder.

Should be top priority for diy.

>cast in brass.

Anon that thing would weigh more than your car and you grossly underestimate the clusterfuck of an ordeal casting that much brass is.

Source: I have a 1 ton trailer mounted foundry and i wouldn't even attempt it.

Not to mention welder wil pay itself off soon. If u scratch your head a little u can make most anything u need from scrap metal instead of buy.

Didn't buy one piece of metal on my foundry setup unless you count brass fittings. And if i had the patience and a good tap and die set i could have made some myself
>>
>>1193333
I'd braze or solder the thing together, with some sort of close-fitting peg system. Also checked.
>>
>>1193333
id lathe the handlepart and weld the headpart+ eye

those ears are prob gonna be a pain in the ass to make, maybe make a mold and bend a plate around it?
>>
Cast it from some type of resin? Metal of any kind will weigh a fuck ton and be a hassle to form detail. Silicon mold might be easier to deal with as far as intricate shapes go.
>>
Me, I'd cast the head modifying the ears to something more akin to axe blades, the eye would be flatter not a perfect sphere to reduce weight. Then I'd mill the spike on the end, use commercial tubing for the shaft and the spike inside would be cast then I'd hollow grind it as much as possible again to reduce weight. Then drill and tap and die all the pieces to fit together. Plus maybe solder them together, if I needed to.

If I wanted to be ambitious I'd try to tube form that eye so it's hollow then place an led light inside then solder all the pieces together.
>>
>>1194879
I forgot to mention I'd try was casting, but if I had to I think foam casting would work.
>>
>>1194880
*Wax*, fucking auto correct it keeps correcting words that were correct that it thinks I didn't mean to use.
>>
>>1193333

i'd wax cast the wings and eye piece separately for the top of that, so you can make them hollow. brass is, in fact, a clusterfuck, but you can always plate on top of something else. for the rest of it you can just weld/solder pieces together. don't go with steel either, that'll also weigh a fuckton. personally, i'd go with aluminum cast parts for the top piece and the "ridged" pieces, soldered together, and then you can use aluminum tubing and sheets to fashion the other parts. plate the whole thing in brass. welding aluminum takes special rods but the thing with it is that it takes a little more skill to weld as it's more delicate. it's easy to punch holes through it on accident when trying to weld it.

if you're serious about getting into metalworking, get ready to dump funds into it. don't skimp on the cheap shit if you can help it. i personally know as someone who tackles projects that are far more advanced than i should that maybe you should start with just learning metalworking first and progress in skill to making what you want. nothing is more frustrating than wasting materials because you didn't know what you were doing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.