[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Kayak much like pic related that I'm thinking of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: glideblue.jpg (33KB, 499x309px) Image search: [Google]
glideblue.jpg
33KB, 499x309px
I have a Kayak much like pic related that I'm thinking of installing foot pegs in. I'm just a bit apprehensive about drilling holes in a boat. Any tips for how to do this the best way?
>>
>>1193200
psh. no worries. just make sure you get bolts with rubber washers/rubber coated metal washers, and torque them down well.

Easiest would be a stainless steel carriage bolt, add a rubber gasket/washer under the head, drive it in and torque it down with a spacer and a washer (so the nut doesn't dig itself into the inner side and get stuck).
As long as the bolt is tight, the gasket will compress and seal, and the carriage bolt SHOULD be smooth enough to not cause much drag. Lock washer under the nut.

Basically the thing to worry about is how to secure the bolt to keep it from spinning when you are trying to tighten down the nut, and not add to the drag on the outside. Use stainless, or be prepared to replace every few years because rust has opened up a channel for water to leak in.
>>
>>1193200
drill is the best way to make holes man
>>
Oh yeah no worries. Just take your time. Make sure you get you size your holes and hardware carfully.
I put some strap mounts on a couple a weeks ago so I would have a removeable deck for the doggo to stand.
I used a cheap hand riveter, and a little bit of hard resin.
>>
I have cheap lifetime boats but I've always had good luck with a heat. Blowtorch to melt over breaks and holes. If you put a screw into the plastic you can touch over it for a bit with a soldering iron to melt the plastic into the threads and seal it. careful not to get things too hot.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.