[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the following days I'm gonna start my own orthodontic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (83KB, 593x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 593x444px
In the following days I'm gonna start my own orthodontic work on myself. Although i did pay for invisilign years ago $6000 dollars. The trays no longer fits me because of new dental work . So im DIY.
I need to know the scientific name of the metal clamps so i can order it. From ali express
>>
>ali express
nothing like tasting fresh chinese lead in the morning
>>
There is an old DIY thread about homemade invasalign. It worked quite well if I recall correctly.

I would highly highly recommend against doing anything to your own mouth beyond realigning your teeth.
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 750x1334px
>>1192993
I really think i can do it. I can just about fix anything. From cars to problems at home. Like pipes and installations.
The steel they sell at AliExpress is stainless steel as they say. I have already purchased the cement and i used it on myself. I felt a little dizzy but it worked well.
My teeth are not that bad. Just 2 or 3 are pushing out and i plan on using a single wire to straighten it with only 2 metal dems.
I am nota pro but if this is successful i will put the orthos out of business or at least make them lower their price
>>
>>1193027
Godspeed anon
Orthodontists are the biggest jews out there
>>
youre wild
>>
File: Prof Layton.jpg (174KB, 600x450px)
Prof Layton.jpg
174KB, 600x450px
>>1192986
>/DIY/
>dental work

this can only end badly
>>
>>1192986
That's only moderately less retarded than performing surgery on yourself.
>>
>>1192986
don't listen to these cucks they probably all work for insurance companies I say go for it I've always wondered about diy orthodontics it can't be that hard if you have some base level knowledge on dentistry and a steady hand
>>
>>1193033
You've never seen that infomercial on late night tv selling 'Dentist in a Box'??? One easy payment of $19.99???
>with instructional VHS tape???
Ya live in a fuckin box or something???
>>
>>1193033
Ye newfag of little faith, you havent heard of the guy who did his own invisalign? He posted on here for months and fucking nailed it. Some tv news station even did a report on him.
>>1193027
>>1192986
Not all stainless steels are created equal. Where i work we have had many issues with stainless steel from china not performing as described. In fact, some wasnt even stainless at all. Turns out when you are a chinese shell corporation (see 80% of chinas economy) you dont have to back up your claims for shit. Dont put that shit in your mouth OP, its a bad idea. Follow invisalign anons plans. Im sure you can find them on the internet somewhere.
>>
>>1193082
3d modeled/scanned mouthpiece is notably different than braces.
>>
File: 1457769007072.jpg (650KB, 1895x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1457769007072.jpg
650KB, 1895x1111px
>invisalign
I'm gonna post the pics from the thread.
>>
File: 1457769214256.jpg (338KB, 1016x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1457769214256.jpg
338KB, 1016x1000px
>>
File: 1457769379026.jpg (2MB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
1457769379026.jpg
2MB, 2736x1824px
>>
File: 1457769536111.jpg (33KB, 917x516px)
1457769536111.jpg
33KB, 917x516px
>>
File: 1457769799110.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1457769799110.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
His teeth look better than mine did after my parents shelled out 3 grand to the jews.
>>
neat
>>
File: type11-11.jpg (75KB, 650x438px)
type11-11.jpg
75KB, 650x438px
I got bored, these should be more than enough to find the proper thread.

unrelated picture because those pics were in a different folder, and I don't want to forget to change my upload folder.
>>
>>1193028
>>1193033
>>1193055
I feel very confident about this project I am embarking on.
A LOT of people always day i am crazy or your nutz, but let me tell ya. I am 45 y/o and every single outlandish idea i have come up with has worked on my favor or improoved my life substancially.
I will post the results again when i start doing this.
If this works. I will print out a certificate for myself!
>>
>>1193028
I've had my retainers for about 3 years now. Is that normal? My dentist is clearly asian btw.
>>
>>1193082
>the guy who did his own invisalign?
orthobro had access to (and made use of) some fairly high-end shit via uni tho, laser scanners, 3d printers, etc. Which ain't knocking him any either, he was definitely one of the more organised and determined posters - OP here seems more of the 'cheap n cheerful' school. But fuck dentists, parasites in white coats, pretending they are part of the medical profession.
>>
>>1193202
Hahahahaha agree
>>
>>1193055
I've performed plenty of minor surgeries on myself. I wouldn't recommend it though.
>>
>>1193202
As someone who had an infected tooth and needed a root canal, dentists are saints

I would have let anyone do anything they wanted if I thought they could make that pain go away after a week.
>>
>>1193202
You're thinking of chiropractors. Except they don't even wear coats that I've seen.
>>
i'm thinking of DIY brain surgery on myself personally. i mean hey, it's not rocket science.
>>
>>1192987
That's racist. Chinese lead is just as safe as everyone else's.
>>
Okay /diy/
How would I take off my braces myself?
>>
>>1192986
>invisilign
Fuck that shit. Had to wear braces for 3 years and then they give me that stupid plastic retainer to wear "for the rest of my life"
I stopped going to the dentist for my monthly checkup over a year ago, every time I slept with the invisilign in my mouth I'd wake up with bad soars and cuts. Stopped wearing them when I stopped going for checkups, dentists are a meme.
My teeth haven't shifted ever since and if they ever do again I'm sure I could fix it myself too.
We've got this op.
>>
>>1193285

Eh, when I did it, I just used pliers to remove the caps and wires, then a dremel tool with a fine burr bit to remove the remaining adhesive left behind. Just gotta have a steady hand.
>>
>>1193427
>using a Dremel on your own teeth
You got balls
>>
>>1193399
Same, my teeth don't change even though one of my teeth is a millimeter behind the others. I either have up on or lost my retainer at which point I was old enough to where I had the choice of saying "no, the constant fiddling around, pain, and bad breath is not worth it."
>>
If I have impacted wisdom teeth, would making custom braces to pull them down be possible?
>>
>>1193863
No. Assuming you even have access to them to attach anything without performing your own oral surgery (there's a thread about self surgery right now, actually...), the best you could hope for would be that they'd fall out by themselves. Without getting infected. With the entire tooth coming out, with no roots left behind. And even then you'll probably start a thread entitled, "Hey /diy/, what are some good home remedies for dry socket?"

>Inb4 oil of clove and pack it with gauze

And I just have to be the guy to say it: Is it safe?
>>
>>1193882
So there's no way to help them become fully erupted using braces at least? There feels like enough space to put some there and it's not like they are growing under my jaw bone or something. I realize I may have said the wrong thing, there's some that have erupted but don't seem to be growing out at any regular pace, they're also at the wrong angle. Are you saying that pulling the tooth down will separate it from the roots?
>>
>>1194027
You're talking about moving them a long, long way Anon, and wisdom teeth are notorious for being poorly formed, shitty teeth anyway. Lots of times the enamel is partially missing, or will just crumble after they come in, and that's what you're talking about cementing braces to? That's why they pull them: they're trouble from the minute they start coming in. Just get them extracted, you'll be happier.
>>
>>1194059
I'm not sure if my wisdom teeth are poorly formed though. I have teeth behind my wisdom teeth so if anything those ones will probably be poorly formed. I'll probably just let them grow at their own slow pace and by the time they might give me trouble I'll hopefully have insurance for it.
>>
>>1193027
How about using activator than instead of fucking permanent thing. You do not consider on thing too - if fucked up the thing will rip some serious holes in frontal face of the teeth you gonna mount this thing to. Cast a model of your teeth in plaster and then make something like klammts activator and put it on for nights or spare time at home.
>>
Also : I'm certyfied dental technician although I did not work more than 2 weeks in the field. What sort of problem exactly do you have?
>>
>>1194064
Those are more/extra wisdom teeth. Lots of people have them. I know a guy that had a total of 6 (2 extra), I personally only had 2 (2 didn't even exist). If they are coming in on their own then yes, let them come in: a simple extraction is easier and cheaper than oral surgery. Good luck with the extras though.
>>
>>1194105
Thanks. Hopefully given my track record with teeth I won't even need to take all of them out. I haven't ever needed braces or anything of that nature ever in my life.
>>
>>1192986
Actual dentist here and my father is orthodontist.
Dont be stupid,please stop.
Its more complicated than it seems.
Do the smart thing and go over to Mexico where they can fix you up for 1/16th of the price.
The quality of services is the same.
>>
>>1195737
>1/16th of the price
>quality of services is the same
at least you an honest thief, I s'pose.
OP, see if you can find a Mexican dentist outside Home Depot, save you the journey.
>>
>>1195758
Funny how 6 years of studding day and night is thievery these days.
You give a guy a hand and he returns you the favor by calling you thief.
>>
File: 77UXCWE[1].jpg (51KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
77UXCWE[1].jpg
51KB, 800x450px
>>1195784
>Rich, and a stud, SO THERE
Bejeezus, is then everyone on here thin-skinned nowadays - NOBODY thinks dentists are robbers, not really, esp. when they need one. You are, if anything, under-recompensed for your valiant efforts in furthering the field of, eh, whatever. And, only a dentist could act insulted for being called a thief, 5 minutes after admitting, they overcharge people (as a rule) by about 1600%. So no offense, and, leave an email, send a few real-estate investment catalogs, if you got time to browse in-between golf rounds and Caribbean cruises n shit.
>>
>>1195737
That's exactly what a Jew would say
>>
>>1193180
You mean your orthodontist. The dentist doesn't have the training for braces.
>>
>>1192986
Hahahaha this is the most dumbass thing I've read all morning.

OP, go to your local big-name medical university. Go to their dental department. Ask when the dental residents are holding experiential hours (dental docs-to-be try out their dental skills for free). Go get a spot on their schedule. Get your teeth done properly, for really cheap.
>>
>>1193399
>>1193502

Yall are pretty dumb and will regret it later in life. Literally 100% of people's teeth shift forward (look up "aging dentition" and go straight to the NIH and so forth links if you think it's a big conspiracy) and your retainer will gradually stop fitting, and your shit will be fucked.
>>
>>1195807
>>1195784

Not true. I think they are on the level of car salesman. Always trying to upsell a bunch of useless addons
>>
>>1196303

wtf addon does a dentist sell? A cavity filling? Every dentist I've been to takes a look at my tongue for oral cancer, looks at xrays if they were taken, asks me if I have any issues with my mouth, then shakes my hand and GTFOs.
>>
>>1196304
> Procedures not needed
> Huge markups on shit that dont need mark ups
> $179 for xrays and a cleaning
> $459 for a 3d printed bullshit in house temp crown + $1200 for the real one in two-three weeks when you know if you like these
> Pulls a wisdom tooth with the tooth next to it for > dentist reasons.
> Crowns so poorly fitted that after a couple months of just normal talking and chewing, it hits one of my other teeth and explodes taking the tooth with it. Rest of tooth needs pulled, $3500 for implant.

I never even got to get to braces because the cost/benefit was 0 at this point.
>>
>>1196303
My dentist is better than my doctor about pushing unnecessary bullshit. Every time I get a physical, the doctor tries to push me to get blood work done. Doing get me started on hospital bills either. The last hospital bill I got for my wife had $4000 in charges for four days of intravenous SALINE. A thousand dollars a day for a few bags of salt water.
>>
>>1196319
Find a better dentist, m8, or get insurance. My cleanings are free and the insurance pays for 75% of my cavity fillings.
>>
>>1192986
Really?
>>
>>1196319

Sounds like you're just going to some crook.

I pay $0 for cleanings. The last time I paid any money out of pocket was $66 for a small filling 3 years ago. The most I've ever paid was $194 and I can't remember what that was for. This is all with Amerifat dental insurance btw
>>
>>1193158
>>1192986
I want to call you retarded, but I also know I've done shit that even I thought was insane at the time that turned out well.

God speed faggot, and regardless of results post don't blueball us.

I want to see either fantastic braces or a God forsaken metal food blender of a mouth.
>>
>>1193427
>>1193484
I was thinking a diamond bit to work on cavities
>>
>>1196281
>Go get a spot on their schedule. Get your teeth done properly, for really cheap.

Worked IT at a Dental school for 5+ years. Cheap? Yes. Properly? Not always. I will just say try and find their post-grads and get them to do it first. It's not as likely as they are usually looking for specific special cases but they are at least technically dentists at that point. Undergrads will still (usually) do it right but that is not guaranteed, and I have heard some small measure of horror stories.

Still, this is infinitely better than OP's crazy fucking idea.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.