[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello I have to get a regular cat5e cable through a wall, I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: heh funny dog picture.jpg (33KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
heh funny dog picture.jpg
33KB, 600x434px
Hello I have to get a regular cat5e cable through a wall, I have no tools nor materials to cut off the plug and then reconnect.
Does anyone have any other ideas for getting this cable through before i buy a $40 SDS drillbit and drill a yuge hole in the wall?
>>
>>1192784
make hole, push cable, done
>>
>>1192784
>I have no tools nor materials to cut off the plug and then reconnect.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-PACK-Phone-Jack-Wall-Plates-4-wire-connectors-Cat-3-Cat-5-FREE-SHIPPING-/172548083318?hash=item282caace76:g:i9cAAOSwfVpYsHSe
not exactly a big investment.
>>
>>1192784
Nigger rigged: Sledgehammer through the wall.
Done properly: Rewire your network and lay in tubes and accesspoints.
>>
If you're bothering to put in a wall, why not futureproof a little and get cat6a? (Spools of cat7 are not yet sold everywhere.)

Cable you put in the walls should be solid core and plenum rated. I've never seen the first without the second.
>>
File: 9780071848220_2.jpg (51KB, 305x400px) Image search: [Google]
9780071848220_2.jpg
51KB, 305x400px
>>1192784
If you need to ask about this here, you don't know enough and should settle for wifi for now. Read this fun book and then you'll know enough.
>>
>>1192788
Thems 4-pin phoneshit tho, figuring OP wants data/internet/etc
>>1192784
before you spend $40 on a big drillbit to get Cat5 through a wall the plug on, cut cable, get a cheapo cat5 crimp and few plugs. You'll need a few, as you'll fuckup the first few attempts.
>>1192791
>All Cat >5 = meme BS.
>>
>>1192793
>You'll need a few, as you'll fuckup the first few attempts.
Fucking this.
>Bought house
>Needed a touchup inside
>Taking down the old wallpaper
>Decide to just take the time and wire the walls with Cat6 and access points in every room
>That fucking crimp work
>Started with the access point from the modem to my switch for the rest of the house
>Big fucking mistake
Turns out I fucked it up and only four connections work, and of course it's none of the irelevant ones. The rest of the wiring is perfect, but I still haven't got around to fix it here 8 months later since my wireless connection is top notch too.
>>
>>1192793
Some can make use of (maximum theoretical) throughput greater than 125 megabytes per second. If you don't need that and already have some cat5e, use it for now, but new cable should be 6a since it doesn't cost any more.
>>
>>1192788
>>1192793
Posted the wrong link obviously:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Port-RJ45-Cat5e-Face-Plate-Wall-Socket-Ethernet-Single-Gang-FacePlate-Keystone-/311763940838?hash=item48969435e6:g:yg0AAOSwa~BYWR9D
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-port-RJ45-Cat5-6-Telephone-Network-Line-Ethernet-LAN-Socket-Outlet-Wall-Plate-/332186909933?hash=item4d57e1fced:g:52gAAOSwRUhY9fbl
>>
>>1192793
The problem with this is that I would have to order it from china, then wait a month and I cannot wait that long.
The locally bought cables I got cost the same as a single "shielded" rj45 plug, and if I had to get two and a crimping tool it just wouldn't make any sense. I'm all down for supporting local business but not when they are blatantly ripping you off.
anyways i'm off to mount some cable channels thanks for the ideas.
>>
File: ethernet_0.jpg (43KB, 425x218px) Image search: [Google]
ethernet_0.jpg
43KB, 425x218px
POE is an option
>>
>>1192857
That's not PoE. PoE is power transmitted alongside data over an Ethernet cable. Your picture is Ethernet being transmitted over the house power lines, and is highly dependent on the quality and age of the wires.
>>
>$40 drill bit
kek

no
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.