[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to use nail polish to put my own designs on Samsung

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (5KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5KB, 300x300px
I'm trying to use nail polish to put my own designs on Samsung smartphone battery covers. So long as the cover doesn't have an embossed Samsung logo, I can remove the paint and put something in polish.

The problem is I want the nail polish to match the cover's name. On this phone for example, once I remove the AT&T label, I'm free to scribble with nail polish, but I want the polish to be the EXACT same color as "Galaxy Note 3". I don't just want to eyeball the colors and have them look the same, I want some way to measure the color of the polish and make sure it matches what is already on the cover.

How do i do this?
>>
>>1192563
Pantone color swatches.

Look online for common pad printing ink colors, see if there's one that's cheap, readily available from china, and close to the color you want... that's probably the one they used.
>>
This board is real diy not shitty Pinterest version of diy.
>>
>>1192805
>This board is real diy not shitty Pinterest version of diy.
diy gatekeeping. that's cool.
>>
>>1192912
Have you ever been here before? We're all about gatekeeping. Just mention your latest pallet creation was so popular on pinterest you've decided to start an easy shop but need tips on where to source more pallets since you can't collect more than a few from your spot by the dumpster without passing out from the smell. Imitation crab meat everywhere
>>
>>1192916
I can't hear you from my direct-buried shipping container.
>>
>>1192916

If my artistry was not DIY enough for you, I am reprogramming the phone in question so its antenna will pick up 700 mHZ block A instead of BC, which is the difference between T-Mobile and AT&T's flavor of the Band 12 spectrum.

>>1192612

I digitized the cover and used GIMP to get a RGB value, but nothing on Pantone really came close to the mean value (145/144/149). Very few tones had the hierarchy of Blue > Red > Green. Either way, the Pantone colours are really expensive compared to this small job I want to do.

I mostly ignored the acryllic paints in the arts and crafts departments because I feared they would be permanent, but those offer some more options to me than expensive nail polish. Will pure acetone remove those paints?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.