[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /diy/. Is there a better kind of layout for our kitchen? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Layout.png (33KB, 783x524px) Image search: [Google]
Layout.png
33KB, 783x524px
Hi /diy/. Is there a better kind of layout for our kitchen? I would like a bigger counter space and I don't know where to place a cabinet for pantry.
>>
>>1191971
Is already comfy.
>Walk out of room see sister chilling watching TV in living room
>Look left see brother eating and watching YouTube.
>Keep walking straight mom says "your plate is almost ready honey"
>Smile
>Take a seat at the table with brother

10/10 wish the above to be my life.
>>
>>1191972
Thanks.
I was wondering if peninsula on the opposite side of the stove might be a good idea.
>>
>>1191995
I don't know what a peninsula is but I would put the refrigerator so that it opens for the people in the kitchen not outside the kitchen. And I would put the fridge next to sink because most times you would need to prepare things from the fridge before they're cooked. The that would leave microwave/oven next to stove.
>>
>>1192096
>>1191995
Also if you can make sink section smaller so the fridge fits and then stove section bigger for interested cutting board or preparing space idk
>>
>>1192097
>Interested
I meant integrated.
>>
>>1191971
>Not having a U shaped kitchen.

Why live?
>>
Get a U shape kitchen, and remember to have a triangle with your fridge sink and oven. One on each side. It'll only cost you a little more and you get 50% more kitchen.
>>
File: kitchen.png (39KB, 783x524px) Image search: [Google]
kitchen.png
39KB, 783x524px
>>1191971
It looks okay. Personally I might opt for an island with stove, replace stove with countertop and move fridge to be next to where stove is now.

Look up "kitchen work triangle" and use that as your guide. Just dont let normal traffic interfere with it, and you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>1191971

Under counter fridge/freezer can get you some extra counter space.
>>
File: SAM+THE+COOKING+GUY+PANTRY.jpg (295KB, 1000x597px) Image search: [Google]
SAM+THE+COOKING+GUY+PANTRY.jpg
295KB, 1000x597px
>>1191971
>Is there a better kind of layout for our kitchen?
Depends on whether or not you believe in the kitchen triangle.

>place a cabinet for pantry.
You're thinking too inside the box.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWsrVbPUXEk
2:50 https://youtu.be/paqXTLb4yxQ?t=169
>>
File: triangle.png (39KB, 1060x875px) Image search: [Google]
triangle.png
39KB, 1060x875px
>>1192238
>kitchen work triangle

>>1192452
>kitchen triangle.

The fuck is this? Is my kitchen shit?
>>
>>1192505
I actually just searched this concept on wikipedia:

>No leg of the triangle should be less than 4 feet (1.2 m) or more than 9 feet (2.7 m).
4.83 to 8.67'. Check
>The sum of all three sides of the triangle should be between 13 feet (4.0 m) and 26 feet (7.9 m).
21.25'. Check
>Cabinets or other obstacles should not intersect any leg of the triangle by more than 12 inches (30 cm).
no interference. Check.
>If possible, there should be no major traffic flow through the triangle.
I would consider the path between the fridge and stove an egress corridor, but there is a way around.
>A full-height obstacle, such as a tall cabinet, should not come between any two points of the triangle.
check
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.