[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>old place had carpet >have a pc chair mat >move into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20170609_134316.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170609_134316.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>old place had carpet
>have a pc chair mat
>move into new place (renting)
>unthinkingly put the chair mat down when I move in
>sit on it for a few months
>one day move the mat
>see this

How fucked am I here, /diy/?
>>
The original picture was too big, here. This is what I'm talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/AxZNv22.jpg
>>
You're very fucked in the sense that you are a careless asshole, but in the sense of "can I get away with this?" then the answer is "yes, you can rig up a temporary fix that will probably pass a quick inspection when you move out."

Maybe brush some amber colored shellac into the damaged areas a few days before moving out. Other anons may have better methods ranging from better cosmetic qualities to inexpensive yet quality repairs.
Lots of options there.
>>
>>1190583
I am a careless asshole, I actually had a house inspection yesterday where I just threw a rug over it. I can keep hiding it while I still live here, but when I eventually do move out and they see it, I'm fucked. I have no idea how much it would cost to even repair the floor.
>>
>>1190568
Those scratches look pretty deep, the only way I know of fixing it is to sand out the scratches, buff it, and then re-finish it. Color matching the existing finish would be tough, but instead of having to do the whole room you might be able to just do the section that's damaged and use the lines the boards naturally create to hide the edges. Otherwise you'll have to re-stain the whole room.
>>
you're fucked. those indentions look like they go into the wood. even if you manage to fill the holes and sand the surface varnish back smooth you will still be able to tell.

your best bet (in my carpenters opinion) would be tape off the area using existing joints in the floorboards as a border, apply a clear epoxy to fill the holes, sand that back down the original varnish level without sanding to the wood. (the tricky part) and then sand with finer and finer paper until you can buff it with a wheel and some polish. probably impossible for a careless asshole like yourself to pull off.
>>
You can get them out with a towel and an iron then lightly sand and put a coat of poyl over the area. Google for more info.
>>
>>1190568
Wtf is your chair mat made of? Sandpaper grit?
>>
>>1190677

Probably uses studded wheels for traction in WoW battles
>>
>>1190677
Prolly this
>>
File: images (3).jpg (5KB, 269x187px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
5KB, 269x187px
>>1190677
>>
>>1190592
Bingo. We have a craftsman in the building ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>1190568
Don't sweat it, wear and tear is part of the rental game. It's not deduct table from your deposit. (It's not like when one of my tennents painted the entire apartment Barney purple with fluorescent green trim...
>>
>>1190568

you can use steam to swell the grain and raise it but then you will have to refinish the area and get it to match.
>>
>there are a bunch of <1mm dots in the floor
>YOU'RE FUCKED, YOU'RE FUCKED! YOU CARELESS BASTARD!

Seriously? The landlord probably wont even notice unless he's a straight up cunt searching for shit to jew you out of giving back your deposit.
>>
>>1190845
so basically any landlord
>>
https://www.landlordology.com/normal-wear-and-tear/

Check it. If the Landloard does try to keep your deposit, the moment he says that start taking photos and tell him it's for when you take him to small claims court to sue him for you deposit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.