[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /diy/ I was thinking about cheap night vision, and had TV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IR Torch.png (132KB, 885x338px) Image search: [Google]
IR Torch.png
132KB, 885x338px
Hey /diy/
I was thinking about cheap night vision, and had TV remote in hand. And figured what if I used IR to illuminate an area and watch it through a phone with google cardboard VR. Did anyone try this?
To put it into next level, I'm thinking about making monocular. Is there any place where I can find cheap lcd screens online?
>>
>>1190513
kek'd
that's a pretty funny idea
also, imagine the snoopin around sexy sororities you could do
>>
I don't know if its the cheapest, but try a raspberry pi monitor. The smallest and cheapest lcd screen i have seen.
>>
>>1190519
It seems pretty effective. There are even zoomable IR torches, so you can focus distance or close
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIeRoHNGuCY
>>
>>1190525
>raspberry pi monitor
Maybe you have any experience with it? Curious about power usage.
>>
>>1190534
No, i was planning on getting on for my raspberry pi, but i decided to use a tv. Are you going to put it in front of your eyes like regular night vision goggles? I also have an idea. How about you buy a pair of orange ir glasses and attach the ir light to them?
>>
>>1190546
>Are you going to put it in front of your eyes like regular night vision goggles?
Yes that's only way to make it work
>How about you buy a pair of orange ir glasses and attach the ir light to them?
What's wrong about is, human eye just can't see IR spectrum. But camera does see it, and it converts it to visible.
>>
>>1190552
Don't really know the specifics of how this works, but take a look at https://www.amazon.com/Discovery-Kids-Night-Vision-Goggles/dp/B00P0E4X36
>>
>>1190513
>>1190552
Cameras have infrared filters so the image doesn't get washed out by infrared. You'd need to remove it. I'm not sure if that's easy on anything recent. Look into it yourself.
>>
>>1190557
I know about it, I have ps3eye with removed ir filter, was one reason why I even came up to this idea. It's not hard to remove ir filter(depends on camera)
>>
>>1190513
You can use a NoIR camera for a raspberry pi.
There are also 1.5" composite video displays.
Then you need a lense to get that display close to yoir eye.

I thought about building an eyepatch looking one myself.
>>
>>1190631
This is exactly what I needed, thanks!
>I thought about building an eyepatch
Why didn't you build it tho? Lost interest in it or?
>>
>>1190635
>Lost interest in it or?
Nah, some retarded shit happended I'm not going to blog about.
I'll pick that project up later.

Also be careful those displays always have shitty resolutions.
>>
Yup I did try it... Had to modify the lens to be able to see ir though
>>
I have a 10 $ cry viewfinder... Is easy to find... You could also buy an LCD from adafruit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.