[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /diy/, how do Iremove this crappy dead tree stuck in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 20170606_215725.jpg (730KB, 674x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170606_215725.jpg
730KB, 674x1200px
Dear /diy/, how do Iremove this crappy dead tree stuck in my fence?
Ask me anything you need to know.
>>
>>1189592
mow down the other vegetation around the fence and burn it out.
should turn out fine.
>>
>Dig hole near base of fence
>Cut off roots
>Lift out left overs
>Replace soil
>>
>>1189595
No fire pls

>>1189596
Sound idea! Thanks, anon.
>>
>>1189598
Post results.
>>
>>1189605
Will do ASAP, anon. It is night time now. I took that pic earlier.
>>
reciprocating saw through the fence
>>
I am anticipating the results, OP.
>>
Sounds like a bitch. I'm expecting you're going to have to replace that section of fence no matter what you do.

If all else fails, and you don't want to get rid of that fence, consider using handsaws on that bitch.
Tie a rope to both ends of a sawblade and get your buddy to pull from the other side. After a couple hours of tug 'o war that dead tree should be cut to size, or at least small enough that you don't give a shit anymore. Not like its roots are going to get any bigger.
>>
>>1189679
Also, you can drive stakes through the ground to guide the rope, so that you can pull the rope from a standing position while cutting closer to the base of the tree. Just don't pull too hard. Don't want stakes flying in the air.
>>
>>1189663
Probably easiest idea. Would do.
>>
Generally the climbing actions of a plant means they have smaller ball roots.

1KG Semtex will sort that shit out.

Failing that, you anon for digging under the fence had it sorted.
>>
> reciprocating saw through the fence< is what I would do, or feed a chainsaw chain through the fence and pull it back and forth.
>>
>>1189595
This. Or get a hatchet and get to it. It'll be some work but a good hatchet will make quick work of it and not destroy your fence if u miss and dont swing it like Thor's hammer.
>>
>>1189592
How far is it from the concrete wall?>>1189663
would be my choice, although possibly cutting parallel to the fence so you can put the shoe against the trunk = faster cut.
But if that's close... my option would be hog out as much of the trunk close to the base as you can using a drill. Long spade bit should be ok, make sure you use it to drag out the sawdust every 1/2" or so, and may want to keep some water to cool it in and towel to dry it every few mins.
Once you've drilled 1" holes with a 1/4" gap between them in both directions, use a wiresaw to cut out the leftover "beams" thenuse a circular saw (if it will fit) and a plywood rail evenly groove
The whole stump To the same depth, setting the blade depth so it won't hit the dirt. Then break off all the ridges with a hammer. You now have a flat surface.
Use the drill to make a circle /spiral of holes, and knock out the separators with a chisel. Drop a pot in the hole with something that will look nice and grow into a bush big enough to cover the stump until it's done rotting.
>>
>>1189592
Drill big holes through the base and snap it off. Alternatively fire
>>
>>1189592
try liquid fire >>1189273
>>
borrow sawzall
>>
>>1190028
use it to melt the fence
>>
>>1189592
Cut out that part of the fence. Cut down the tree. Replace fence.
>>
File: Bearb_QUADRIVE_10.jpg (272KB, 945x752px) Image search: [Google]
Bearb_QUADRIVE_10.jpg
272KB, 945x752px
Get a battery drill and a drill bit with min 15mm diameter. Now drill lots of holes near the ground through the wood. The holes in the fence should allow it. Also drill at different angles so that the holes cross each other in order to remove as much wood as possible. If the wood is not weakened enough that a firm pull from the side can break it off, you have to drill more holes.
>>
Lol, all this effort.
Its chainlink.
You can literally un-twist the top of one of the strands of wires and pull it apart like a zipper.
Remove tree.
Re-string the wire.
Worse case is you have to clip the wire at the top or bottom to detach it.
>>
leave it

Looks cool
>>
File: saw.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
saw.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>1189592
Use thin wire as a saw
Should be easy enough.
>>
>>1192015

It's never as easy as that.
>>
Hello, anons. It is I, OP. You see, what you see behind the tree is not actually a concrete wall but an electrical shed (and that's something closer to aluminium siding, I believe). I've been trying to figure out what service to contact to make sure there are no electrical underground wiring around that tree. I tried local AEP, but turns out the connection does not come from them. So, I am contacting the number directly from my utilities bill (which might have been a better idea to begin with).

>>1189851
>>1191763
>>1190027
>>1192687
Also there is more or less than 6 inches (15.24 cm) of clearance between the shed and tree. There is hardly not shit that will fit through there at an angle that would be useful. Drills and wiresaws sound like a reasonable plan though. Anon #51's suggestion is pretty thorough and I thank you.
By the way - Why are you all obsessed with fire?

>>1189663
>>1189679
>>1190570
>>1190922
The problem with removing the fence is that it is owned by the city. I want to remove the tree so it will not impact the grass and other foliage I am planning on planting on my side. Also there are dead three scraps all around it and it looks like trash.

>>1189725
If you are talking about explosives, that is seems like overkill and highly inappropriate. But funny nonetheless and I congratulate you.

>>1190028
Will look into this if digging does not work out.

>>1190056
A very good plan; might work if I have the time and find the connections.

>>1192015
You had me intrigued, but the fence seems a bit dug into the ground and >>1192809 has me irresolute on the suggestion.

I appreciate the input of you all and will start with the most reasonable and feasible suggestions.
>>
Just dig with a shovel carefully. If you are planning on a pick, crowbar or backhoe I'd get worried about conduit damage if there is any.

>>1191763
I like this guys idea for the bit where it is stuck through the fence and perhaps under the fence.
>>
>>1189592
One focused swing of an axe, right in the grass.
>>
Put a strap around it, attach it to a truck, and pull parallel to the fence.
>>
>>1195376
But it weaves through the fence if you look closely.
>>
>>1189592
Wait a couple of decades. Time destroys all things.
>>
>>1195427
get two bricks, slide them on both sides of that trunk, then turn them sideways to lift it a couple inches from the ground. Saw away, then piece meal that dead tree away, for added security, drill holes in that trunk in the dirt and pour salt, cap with some glue.
>>
>>1189592
Tools needed:
Beer. Reciprocating saw. 8" rough cut blades for saw. Hatchet. 1" chisel. Hammer.
Start at top. Finish at bottom.
Good weekend project.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.