[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is all of this stuff for treating my well water? Do I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Water Treatment.png (2MB, 766x1281px) Image search: [Google]
Water Treatment.png
2MB, 766x1281px
What is all of this stuff for treating my well water? Do I have to do any regular maintenance (e.g. adding salt to the softener)? Changing filters?

Should anything be inspected by a professional occasionally? Or is this more of a "if it works leave it be" kind of system?
>>
>>1189508
The blue trashcan looking thing is likely a brine tank for a water softener. One of those blue cylinder units is likely a softener, not sure what the other one would be, Im going to guess the smaller two tank unit is a dual media softener and the large one is some sort of prefilter for the softener.

The white thing on the back is a reverse osmosis system with the big jug on the side a holding tank.

The hell is the RO unit feeding? That's about the right size unit for a steamer.
>>
>>1189520
>The hell is the RO unit feeding? That's about the right size unit for a steamer.

I think it is for the drinking tap at the kitchen sink
>>
Filters need to be changed evey 6 months

Salt added mo thy and a yearly clean /flush.

If your on well you should have water lab tested 2 times a year.

I test 6 times a year, as we are near farmland.

I also have a large uv sterilizer.
>>
>>1189528
About right.

You'll have to change those filter cartridges periodically on that RO system. As far as the membrane goes, change it when its less than 80% efficient. To test that, you need a TDS meter; Check the incoming water, and the outlet water, then calculate [(inlet TDS - Outlet TDS)/Inlet TDS] * 100. When you change that membrane, wear medical gloves and wipe down the outside surface before you open the cartridge, do not touch the membrane with your bare hands; there's almost no chlorine in the water after that three stage filter system to inhibit mold, all kinds of nasty shit can grow in there.

Now with the softener, keep salt in it, you can check the hardness of its product water with the same TDS meter, Take that reading and divide it by 17.1 to calculate Grains per Gallon (GPG). If your water is harder then 3 grains or so and there is salt in the unit, have it serviced.

Source: I has a job.
>>
http://www.trautcompanies.com/services/residential/products-and-services

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVISxY15XVs
>>
I just recently bought a house with well/septic. Leasing the softener but going to buy one next year.

Any general tips maintenance etc? I grew up in the city so this is my and my families first exposure. I live in michigan.
>>
>>1189520
Are you foodservice tech? I'm not alone?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.