[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amerifat here, why do all deep fryers have these stupid ass magnetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

File: tfal-magnetic-plug[1].jpg (156KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
tfal-magnetic-plug[1].jpg
156KB, 900x596px
Amerifat here, why do all deep fryers have these stupid ass magnetic cords on them? I can't see any way these help make a fryer anymore safe. What bad things would happen if I JB welded the magnetic plug to the fryer so it can't fall off?
>>
>>1188946
oopsies I tripped while walking on the counter, good thing this roiling oil didn't spill.
>>
Just skip the electric dryer and bring your propane turkey deep frying rig inside, no pesky electrical cords
>>
>>1188950
I thought about that, but oil takes for fucking ever to cool down once it's hot. Killing the power if you knock it over ain't gonna do jack shit.
>>
>>1188954
It's so you don't yank the fryer off the counter when you trip on the cord you retard.
>>
>>1188954
Are you retarded? If the power cord detaches itself easily, the pot of oil doesn't flip over and turn you into that guy from Robocop who drove his car into toxic waste.
>>
>>1188946
>>1188954
No one needs breakaway power cables more than you.
>>
>>1188956
>>1188955
I don't understand how you could ever detach a 2ft cord resting on a counter 5 feet in the air.
>>
>>1188946
Hypothetically, if someone is using the fryer on a freestanding table at some catering type thing or on a countertop island, a doofus won't trip on the cord or a grabby toddler won't pull on it and spill hot oil on themselves.
>>
>>1188960
To this point, if it's sitting there undisturbed on the counter, then why is the breakaway cable an issue at all? There are two possibilities, the cable is either a non-issue, or it is of critical importance from a safety standpoint.
>>
>>1188970
OP is Kevin McCallister.
>>
>>1188958
Hearty and mighty kek.

OP you're a faggot.
>>
>>1188960
>I don't understand how you could ever detach a 2ft cord resting on a counter 5 feet in the air.

>doesn't know about extension cords
>>
>>1188946
>why do all deep fryers have these stupid ass magnetic cords on them?

It's the law.

https://www.cpsc.gov/content/cpsc-announces-new-standard-for-break-away-power-cords-on-electric-deep-fryers
>>
>he doesn't have the freedom to rip deep fryers off tables and
>>spilling scalding hot cooking oil on the child
>>
Seems like it would only come into play when it's needed?
>>
If only all kitchen gadgets came with the same fitting. Hot swap my George foreman grill for my food mixer, the mixer for my cup cake maker, my cup cake maker for my ice cream maker. Think of the time I'd save not having to mess with tangled cables.. I can't wait to see the infomercial made by the guy who steals my idea.
>>
File: goldstar.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
goldstar.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
>>1189082
>It's the law.
Here's a gold star for the most retarded post in an extra retarded thread.
>>
Since 1980, CPSC has reports of 7 deaths and 64 serious burn injuries to children under 10 with deep fryers. These deaths and injuries resulted from young children pulling on the power cord, tipping over the deep fryer and its hot contents.
>>
File: IMG_4770.jpg (43KB, 600x600px)
IMG_4770.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
>>1189148
>Here's a gold star for the most retarded post in an extra retarded thread

Here's a gold star for the second most retarded post and also a (You), for implying that any respectable electronics company would disobey state laws against safety on their devices.
Anon may have written a confusing post on whether the law on safety preceeds the existence of safety mechanisms, but you sure sounded pretty stupid by implying that the two aren't AT ALL connected.
>>
>>1188946
I don't understand why you want to be able to yank the fryer around by its power cord?
>>
>>1188946
>magnetic cords
i hope apple sues them to death
>>
>>1188950
THIS

I know a guy OP. He glued his in and melted his legs. Just dont.
>>
>>1188954
No anon.... the cord rips out potentially.

No florr is lava problems. Or at least reduced odds
>>
>>1188960
Have a nosey cat.

Have kids.

Have the autism to run a fucking extention cord to it.

Life happens anon. And just as we all have seen it almost always goes the most faggot way possible
>>
>>1189202
We threw a few crock pots in the air for 12 guage. Cord was handy.
>>
>>1189135
But wait there's more!

Call in the next 10 minutes and you will get 2 YES TWO Gayfuck Plugadaptors for the price of 1! Just pay shipping and handling!
>>
>>1188946
>why do all..?
Because the corporation exploiting the magnetic plug patent bought a government regulator? Win-win.
>>
>>1188946
There is NOTHING more dangerous in the kitchen then hot oil.

So basically yeah, go ahead, deactivate that safety device.
>>
>>1189196
That's it? So a deep fryer kills seven kids and has to have a special cord but cars don't need a breathalyzer to start?
>>
>>1189453
Great argument. I love how it ignores all logic and personal responsibility.
>>
>>1188946
fucking retard
>>
>>1189453
people don't accidentally drink and drive
people don't on purpose trip over an electrical cord and pull scalding hot oil everywhere.

i can't defend it as a law, i don't think government should be involved in this level of micromanagement. also i believe it treats a symptom rather than a cause. but your argument is seriously flawed.
>>
>>1189289
Pretty sure op alone in the kitchen is more dangerous than a deep fryer...
>>
>>1189504
Technically they do pull it on purpose... it's just that they're usually toddlers who don't realize that there is no candy in the deep fryer.. only sadness
>>
File: IMG_2826.png (58KB, 516x593px)
IMG_2826.png
58KB, 516x593px
>>1189201
>>1189201
Congratulations here's a gold star for the third most retarded post in the thread, you earned this because you wasted words on a retard, thereby making you also a retard. FUCKING RETARD.
>>
>>1189642
pls no ableism pls k thx :-)
>>
>>1189504
If all of the rules of society followed Darwinism, this law wouldn't be a thing, because we'd be weeding out the children of parents who leave deep fryers unattended or otherwise in the presence of retarded kids.
>>
>>1189642
>namefagging
>2017

shiggy doo dah
>>
>>1189642
> Whinges about shitposts
> Shitposts

Why are tripcunts so retarded?
>>
>>1189196
Whats wrong with america
good give these peoples some brain

Here in europe all fryers are just hard wired.

And i know no fryers related deaths
>>
>>1189781
Yes, all 7 fryers in Europe are hard wired. You have not heard of any deaths from these fryers, because the 7 people who own these fryers are fairly responsible. Some of the 830 000 000 deep fryers in the U.S. are owned by people who are irresponsible and who should not fuck around with hot oil. Also, you would not have heard of any deep fryer related deaths in Europe if there are any, for the same reason no one have heard of the 7 deaths in the U.S.
>>
>>1189781
>brains.

Wtf did u just say? Learn to makes some sense you fucking faggot.
>>
>>1189781
Most fryers in the US aren't commercial, they are consumer grade "pots with heating elements''.

Of course that injury count since 1980 is extremely trivial.
>>
>>1188958
Underrated.
>>
>>1189781
>Thinking Europe has anywhere near the level of fryer ownership as the states.
The right to fry shall not be infringed no matter how many deaths.
>>
>>1189201
It isnt done because its the law, its done because its safe.

The law is just there to try and help idiot OP and his ilk from buying something potentially deadly.
>>
>>1189135
All the while you have an exposed flat plate adapter at mains voltage sitting on your counter
>>
>>1188946
My cousin retardedly let her daughter in the kitchen when she was a toddler while deep frying. She pulled on the cord and spilled a fryer of hot oil on herself.

Got burns over half her body. Even today like 15 year later she still has scaring on her face and chest.
>>
File: 1479017330082.png (129KB, 374x435px)
1479017330082.png
129KB, 374x435px
>>1189686
>tripping over something you're not paying attention to is Darwinism
imagine being this edgy
>>
Deep fryers are fun. I remember I was at a party once and everyone was just deep frying random shit. This guy battered and deep fried some dudes keys and gave them back to him, kek.
>>
>>1191081
the ol' spicy keychain
>>
>>1189781
>https://www.thelocal.se/20150309/deep-fryer-sparked-mosque-fire-report
Your post is going to land you in jail for hate against your muslim overlords.
>>
>>1191084
I love you.
>>
>>1188950
This, but not only this.

It is for when someone picks up the fryer while it is still plugged in and tries to walk off with it.
>>
>>1189196
Im calling bullshit on accidents. How many of these were lets see what the baby looks fried? Or straight up child abuse.
>>
>>1191027
You looking at a 15 year olds chest? Pics or GTFO
>>
>>1191955
this.
>>
>>1191027
Just like my visual novels!
>>
>>1191951
You were obviously present at all those incidents.
>>
>>1191027
That's hot.
>>
>>1191027
As a child I pulled the handle of a frying pan down on myself. The scaring started to dissipate around 14 or so.
>>
>>1189686
You can't naturally select for avoiding a specific hazard that will exist for only a few generations and only affect a minuscule proportion. General risk avoidance could be selected for, but then the species is destined to go extinct sooner instead of later. Humans became the dominant species by being willing to take risks, sailing over the horizon not knowing if anything is on the other side. For many, there wasn't, lol.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.