[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a well in my backyard in my house from pre-1900s. It has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

I have a well in my backyard in my house from pre-1900s. It has a concrete lid over it, bricks around the lid, and gravel on top to make it look nice, but I wanted to do something with it. It would make a nice fire pit but it's fairly close to the house, so that wont work. The lid is about 3 feet around so it's either a really big lid or a really big well. Any suggestions? Pic is not mine but similar.
>>
>>1188855
Does it have good water? If yes then why destroy it with a fire pit?
>>
>>1188855
Egh I wouldn't do anything that involves fire. Heating and Cooling that slab over and over is likely to result in cracking it and having to replace it or else have a gaping hole to hell in your backyard till you do. Though, it would make a snazzy sundial, or flower bed, strawberry planter.
>>
>>1188855
make a nice fountain, you can even use the water from the well if it has water
>>
ITT:
>I want to poison an aquifer
>>
>>1188856
It's very likely too shallow and very contaminated from disuse.
>>
>>1188856
No idea, haven't lifted the several-hundred pound slab to check.
>>1188860
That was another reason I wasn't going to make it a fire pit. Sundial would be nice but the area is in shade most of the day.
>>1188863
Maybe if the water is still usable but I doubt it.
>>1188905
I'd like to avoid all felonies.
>>
>>1188924
Make it a fountain or other water feature.
>>
>>1188855
How big is your backyard, give us a quick and dirty ms paint birds eye.
>>
Place a statue of Lenin on it.
>>
>>1188911
That's not how wells work.
>>
i suggest you get one of those old timey hand pumps. then build a garden feature around it.

then you can use the water from the pump to water plants.
>>
>>1188911
Oh silly you.

OP, just put a pump in there and use the water for your garden. And are you some kind of weakling? Have no friends? Just lift the fucking slab and check out what's underneath it.
You have a free water source and have ideas like "ooh, maybe me put fire on top?". For fucks sake. Pump first. Then you can put kitch on top of it.
>>
Instant cholera?
>>
If its good water build a goddamn town!

Its actually kind of rude but having good water is like having daylight.

Crops can grow at your command, you've got the water well.

Don't be a dick though. You might be killed
>>
>>1188855
You can dig a little pit and set some bricks around it anywhere else. That's all it takes to have a fire pit. No mortar or anything needed unless you want to get fancy for minimal additional effort. Just set bricks or rocks on the the ground in a circle. But they need to be the right kind or they crack. Doing it on top of the well adds no value, and eliminates the possibility of using water from the well to extinguish fires.
>>
>>1188924
if there is no water you can cycle the fill water
>>1188951
do this along side a fountain if you have water in the well
>>
>>1189118
Only if he has a septic tank draining around it
>>
>>1189101
I know what's in it, the real baby Jessica
>>
>>1188924
>I'd like to avoid all felonies.
>worrying about felonies
>not worrying about permanently destroying one of the limited number of fresh water aquifers on this planet
>>
File: wishing well2.jpg (249KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wishing well2.jpg
249KB, 768x1024px
>>1188855
build this on top. sure, it won't be functional but it's appropriate. put some flower planter boxes inside. I have a tree stump in my front yard that's almost 36" in diameter and plan to build one of these over it and put flowers in it. though I'll be using boards for the rounded base instead of bricks.
>>
>>1189970
>>1188905
>>1188924
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6THteoyEWHo
>>
File: 1491282220141.jpg (23KB, 143x400px) Image search: [Google]
1491282220141.jpg
23KB, 143x400px
Put one of these bad boys in the well and create an utopia.

http://goulds.com/submersible-well-pumps/4-inch-well-pumps/
>>
>>1190294
>not using a bucket and rope crank
absolute heresy. Enjoy dying of thirst in the next power outage.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.