[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of wood is this? I got it from a pallet from work,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

What kind of wood is this? I got it from a pallet from work, pic is next to pine
>>
>>1188389
Color and grain suggest black walnut.
>>
looks like walnut which is a really nice find in a pallet
>>
>>1188395
Agreed, walnut is an absolute pleasure to work and it will hold an edge like a knife.
It's more allergenic than most woods though, beware the dust.
>>
How do I get the other boards off the pallet without destroying them?
>>
>>1188398
recip saw through the nails, then a nail punch to get them out of the boards
>>
File: 20170102_170535.jpg (9KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
20170102_170535.jpg
9KB, 600x600px
>>1188398
>>
>>1188389
It is wood from a tree.

Walnut vote
>>
>>1188398
There are a few options.
One is to drill out the nails a bit so the heads pop off, and you can pull the boards out, but that's a pain.
What works better is >>1188431, although you may need to crowbar/ripping hammer them apart a little bit to get space for the blade, or just cut through the bottom board 1/4" below the top so you dont do any damage.
Prying them apart works better if you have something to spread the pull across a board instead of one corner, if you pry at the corner it's not uncommon for the board to split, starting at a nail hole. Also, a lot are made with resin coated spiral nails which are a bitch to get out, and will often pull the head through the board = damage instead of pulling out the nail. the chance of this is also increased by levering up one side of the pallet board.
Finally, my favorite method is just to accept slightly shorter boards, and run a circular saw down the top boards on either side of the nails.
You get 2 22" boards instead of 1 48" board, but that's plenty for a lot of small projects.
>>
File: cce (1).jpg (59KB, 600x793px) Image search: [Google]
cce (1).jpg
59KB, 600x793px
>>1188389

Anon, I think what you have there is tree wood, commonly referred to as 'wood'.
>>
File: IMG_20170607_163912650.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170607_163912650.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
What the hell, there's more
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.