[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the largest sources of waste on the planet that could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: poliwhirl.jpg (37KB, 399x298px) Image search: [Google]
poliwhirl.jpg
37KB, 399x298px
What are the largest sources of waste on the planet that could actually be used to make aesthetic projects?

The two I can think of are pallets and shipping containers.
>>
plastic bottles
>>
>>1187840
Pallets are recycled and re used all the time

Plastic is the only obvious choice
>>
>>1187845

Where I live people just throw pallets in the trash if they ever end up slightly broken.

Sad desu.
>>
Pallets are for mommy bloggers.
>>
>>1187850
My rage trying to unload nigger rigged rebuilt pallets out of truck. 200 nails, 53 screws with pine 2x4 splint. Forks wreck that shit if you get it wrong. If those things break you get a tire death trap. Plastic or virgin pallets are the way to go. Use broken pallets for Pinterest art or firewood.
>>
>>1187840
Scrap bins outside of metal shops, they won't mind if you take some as long as its not by the truck full.
>>
Petrol is generally used very inefficiently. Car engines have a chemical efficiency of about 30% under ideal conditions. 70% of chemical potential is wasted. So if you could do something with petrol (or perhaps carbon dioxide is more appropriate). That'd be pretty good.
>>
Tires
>>
>>1187840
>>1187840
depleted uranium

make the barrels clear and dump the in the ocean so we can have some neato lights
>>
>>1187840

>largest sources of waste

My potential
>>
>>1187840
This thread
>>
>>1187840
Styrofoam. Then again mealworms eat it. Tho everyone throws a fit about the damage foam does they wont pack an in ground pool full of bugs to get rid of it.
>>
>>1187899
Lol, all of us anon. Rather than ne productive all weekend i sat in my livong room binge watching netflix and had 4 panic attacks over pretty much nothing.

Fucking kill me
>>
>>1187840
>>1187866
If you go the pinterest route and intend to take them apart. I suggest making a wooden mallet, buying something like a crowbar to pry them and a hammer to hit the nails out. Maybe invest in a metal detector to avoid using power tools on nails or staples. I find pallet wood to be just the right size for most of what I build.

As far as time investment versus what you get its an ok gig if you can get decent pallets for free.
>>1187863
Some folks love used woods for furniture. if you are not a poor person its a stupid choice to use as build material. I use it for all sort of stupid stuff. I just finish building an enclosure for my 3d printer out of wood I got from pallets looks like shit but that is beside the point. if you need longer then pallet wood I've seen people use box joint to increase the length by putting them back to back.

however if you have enough cash to fork on a planer then don't bother with pallet wood. True you could make it look nice enough no one could tell its pallet wood but by the time you are finished taking apart your pallet you could have went to the hardware store and bought a truck full of 2x4 and built whatever you had in mind.
>>
File: IMG_0797.jpg (133KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.jpg
133KB, 750x750px
>>1188760
>buying something like a crowbar to pry them and a hammer to hit the nails out.
Sometimes this isn't even worth the effort, especially with the nigger rigged pallets like >>1187866 mentioned. Just use a circular saw if you don't need the whole length.

Heavy duty pallets are GOAT. The planks are bigger and you can get some nice wooden blocks out of them like pic related. Could make a nice mallet.
>>
File: snoopy 007.jpg (290KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
snoopy 007.jpg
290KB, 612x816px
I have an endless supply of broken tile, been trying to think of uses so I made this the other day.
>>
>>1188803
Looks good anon, make a few and sell the,m at a craft show
>>
>>1188777
That's pine. Pine makes a shitty mallet because it's soft, so it dents.
Ok, so it may be fir, which is slightly better but not much.
But yeah, you can find oak reasonably often, or for custom ones from lumberyards/furniture factories etc. you can often get pallets that were made from other hardwood boards that were what was available, like apple, cherry, maple, walnut, or for imports ebony, mahogony, etc.
Palletwood projects are ok, as long as you actually take apart the pallet and don't try to use full pallets in your project.
>>
Plastics and paper
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.