[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm thinking about getting a new desk, but I had an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: heck.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
heck.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
So, I'm thinking about getting a new desk, but I had an idea for changing the one I currently have. My dad made it, and it's a great desk, but after 10-12 years I'm just wanting something bigger. A while ago I broke the top part off the shelves on accident, so it's just not attached to them anymore. It's actually made it easy to move and I'm thinking about getting some kind of counter top or something to put over them. I did not think it would be this difficult to find something like this, and the only place I can find it is at ikea. The only ikea close to me is like two hours away, and shipping is like.. 350$. Any ideas? (Not specifically the one in the picture, just using as an example)
>>
>>1187815
extend the old one!
>>
>>1187817
Well yeah, that's what I want to do. Just don't really know how to go about doing the top myself, as I have 0 knowledge of this kind of stuff, and my dad died so I couldn't have him make a new one
>>
>>1187818
;_;
>>
>>1187824
yeah, that's why i've been holding onto it for so long really
>>
>>1187815
Pretty much every large hardware store has pre made wooden countertops, and they can cut them to size for you. You could get two sets of drawers (something designed as a nightstand might work), ideally the same wood as your countertop, then just put the counter on top of them using it to replace the top side of the drawers.

I really want a desk with enough depth for both a keyboard and a writing pad so when I have time I'm eventually going to do this.
>>
>>1187835
Post extension

Talking specifically about enlarging the desk as it is, could do with some more details about how it's constructed. Assuming the desktop was just held on with dowels then it should be easy with careful measuring. Also don't buy an IKEA desktop without seeing it in person first, otherwise you might end up with one of those cardboard filled shitheaps.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.